What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After 10 years, I've finally met...

• Thread starter adnedarn
  • Start date

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
After 10 years of knowing her on the internet, I've finally met Zuzana / [MENTION=7563]thez_yo[/MENTION]!
You may have seen in the shout box that she's moving across the USA and she reached out to me to stop by and meet on her way through. She and her driving partner got a late start and arrived after sunset so we didn't spend much time out in the greenhouses but she's seen better collections than mine already so no big loss :p Even with that being the case I thoroughly enjoyed the visit and am glad she reached out! Last year I met Mark / [MENTION=5351]Ozzy[/MENTION] but totally spaced getting a photo with him. I've known him here for 18 years, he joined only 17 days after me!
Side note, a couple vines ended up busting during packing so she dropped those off with me and if all goes well I plan on doing a giveaway of a few come warmer weather (so everyone can join in). I'm not sure how that giveaway will go, but maybe replying to this thread will increase your odds once it's decided what to do. ;)

20191223135908-72612d65-me.jpg

My continuing adivice, in dealing with Zuzana, is to show no fear. She can sense it . . .

It was so cool to finally meet you last year. You're the awesome person I always thought you'd be. Can't wait to do it again.

I've also had the pleasure of meeting Zuzanna (twice). Unfortunately I let the fear show and she sensed it. I'll spare you all of the horrors that followed.

I spent some really good time here and I have a lot of good memories at terraforums.

Uh oh... I hope I didn't let the fear show. She knows where I live!

Did you count your plants to make sure they are all there? :D

Just kidding....

Knowing a person for so long and then finally meeting them sure is something. Makes me wish I had occasion to pass through the Southwest at some point.

Back