What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gardening Vlog

• Thread starter thez_yo
  • Start date
Welp, unlucky number 13. The volume is really low - I might have had my fingers over the mic because it was too early in the morning to know up from down, but here y'alls go!

Last edited:
The next one is arrived! And I've learned how to paste together two parts into one!

I didn't mess anything up too bad so I don't have to try to edit anything this week, yay!

Another week's vlog!

Time for the next episode!

Another week, another vlog!

The next webisode! I don't know why it put my video sideways though :(

...edit: I'm going to try to rotate this and re-upload once again. I might be able to fix this in a few hours?? Fixed!

Last edited:
Thanks for making the video straight, that would have not been fun. :p The mango base may not even be mango, but generally they do use something similar. Generally you don't want to let the root stock to grow at all... Because the scion is weak, root stock growth can cause the union to fail by out-competing the scion for nutrients and water. So definitely pop those off as soon as you see them. Congrats on the purple potato sprout! Everything is looking great :)

Yay we've made it to 20!

I'm still confused on this allergic to everything but wants bees thing. :p

It's here! Another Vlog!

It's the next one!

The garden is surely winding down - we're on the lead up to winter now!

I snuck one in right before the skies opened up and dumped some nice water on us!

A short one this week because I'm exhausted...

PSA on Melons:
Hami melon is ripe when the tendril opposite it is shriveled and brown just like on a watermelon. I couldn't find that info anywhere online on when to pick it. The other melons, Rich Sweetness 132 will fall off the vine, and you eat it with palm sugar and coconut milk (kind of a Vietnamese dessert). Casaba I think once it turns yellow but the window of opportunity is kind of short before it rots afterwards. The Honeymoon melon and Boule D'or I'm unsure about because the vines have died back due to powdery mildew so the melons are just kind of sitting on the mulch in the sun ripening on their own. The Moon and Stars melons are just setting now so we'll see if they ripen in time, and since they're a watermelon you pick like Hami melon.

PSA Pumpkins and other squash:
Pattypan type squash and 'zucchini' type squash you pick while blooming or a day or two later to ensure tenderness. Winter squash like pumpkins, butternut etc. you pick once the rind is hard enough you can't get your nail into it.

PSA tomatoes:
If it's going to pour tomorrow, pick them today so they don't split on you.

Let me know if you need any other info :D

Wow we're up to 25!! Nearly half the year is documented in the blink of a quarantined eye...

Woot 6mo worth of vlogs down!

Edit: it wasn't Orthene, it was bonine... but you know, I'm willing to try anything to get rid of the bugs at this point :-(

Last edited:
Woot we're past the halfway point with Vlog27! I forgot to mention the eggplant - can you see it? It's tiny but at least I grew one this year!!

cant believe you dropped the winter word already :hopelessness: i am not ready to be cooped up inside so much left do do!!!

Back