What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gardening Vlog

• Thread starter thez_yo
  • Start date

thez_yo

instigator
So, I've fiiiinally decided to start a vlog. For a good 10 years at least I've realized I'm terrible at video and picture editing, so I don't edit anything because it just seems a little bit beyond me. But... I want to document my journey from 'clean slate' to flourishing garden (or miserable disaster lol). Here's my first vlog!

I decided to make vlog2 today too... :D

Neat! Everyone seems to think you need lots of production value and stuff. To me there is something about a video being recorded and uploaded as is. Just raw and there for the watching. Did you have a problem with your septic or just removing the trees to prevent issue? Nice to see a pitcher or two forming for you!

Neat! Everyone seems to think you need lots of production value and stuff. To me there is something about a video being recorded and uploaded as is. Just raw and there for the watching. Did you have a problem with your septic or just removing the trees to prevent issue? Nice to see a pitcher or two forming for you!

Good thing I don't know how to edit squat lmao...

I had them poke around to tell me where the septic system was, and while they were digging to locate the D-box, they found root infiltration and the lid to the box was cracked. So while my septic is running OK, don't quote me but I'm pretty sure that makes it not up to 'standard' so I'm pretty sure they need to fix it according to the county. The rest of the trees I got removed would either eventually grow into the system too because they were small, or they're right smack on the fence line for the fence I'm gonna put up. And I still need them (the septic company) to mark out where the system is so I know where I can fruit/veggie garden, because everything I've read says don't garden within 10 feet of a septic system.

Updates on seedlings!

A new update for yet another 10minute monologue!

So happy for you on the Nepenthes seeds!!
Have you grown strawberries before? I always followed the rule of no fruit for the first yet (cut off flowers). Also if growing everbearing, remove runners for the first year. These steps allow the plants to grow nice and big the first year and after that you can enjoy all the nice big strawberries!

So happy for you on the Nepenthes seeds!!
Have you grown strawberries before? I always followed the rule of no fruit for the first yet (cut off flowers). Also if growing everbearing, remove runners for the first year. These steps allow the plants to grow nice and big the first year and after that you can enjoy all the nice big strawberries!

I have, but it's been a good... 20? years... lol, I'm old. They came with instructions to do exactly that from the shop, and also I started some alpine pineapple strawberries from seed so I'm assuming I won't be getting anything off of those this year either. I'm sad for my strawberryless year this year but excited for next year!! This year was a very mild winter where it barely got to the 20s for a couple days, but if it gets proper cold next year I wonder if they can handle that hard a freeze in above-ground containers. Last time I grew them for real was in Vermont (I tried in San Diego but they really just didn't like the heat/lack of winter) and everything freezes HARD up there, but then again I had all alpine strawberries.

Wow, what a nice refuge you have from DC "da capitol" and the scourge of the covidiots. I really think that you need a gun-rack for your Mini and that dingo mix from The Road Warrior . . .

Last edited:
Wow, what a nice refuge you have from DC "da capitol" and the scourge of the covidiots. I really think that you need a gun-rack for your Mini and that dingo mix from The Road Warrior . . .

Yeah you get issued a gun rack for your car when you register your car with the state of Virginia. Now fitting an archery set into it will be interesting :-))

David

Blast from the past here but wondering if you still sell CPs? I am looking for v BE 3225 and Tequila Red.

An update!

Next episode!

The next one's done!

The yard!!

The plants are finally in!

Woot we've made it to 10! I'm exhausted and apparently my phone is too because I ran out of storage space at the end, so I *gasp* actually tried to figure out how to crop the last split second out because it didn't make sense. Maybe I'll be a decent youtuber in another 30 years! :-))

I guess to be continued in a week :p

More garden goodness!

"Old?" OLD?!

Last edited:
"Old?" OLD?!

Where are you referencing... I looked through the old vlogs and couldn't find it?

Anyway, next episode where we're in the garden again! :D

Back