What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia with no lid?

Hi all!
My friend sent me this picture and I have never seen anything like it! I was hoping the more experienced growers on here could tell me if they have ever seen this sort of thing before.

This pitcher (just this one) of a Hurricane Creek Leuco (don't know which clone) developed without a lid. It did not have one to start and lost it, it never had one. If you look at the above angle photo it looks like a mirror image of the other side. The only other plant that I have heard of that has a reduced lid id "Bris".
thumbnail_image000000.jpgimage000001.jpg

If anyone has seen this before please let me know so I can pas son the info.

Thanks!

There are a lot of Sarracenia clones that produce stunted lids as a standard appearance, just not registered as cultivars. A one-off pitcher like this is likely just a hormonal fluke.

Agreed, you'll see lots of one-offs but that one is pretty cool!

You'll especially tend to see incorrectly developed pitchers as your plants are shifting to/away from making phyllodia.

Thank you to everyone for helping me figure this out this was a hormonal thing and not genetic.

Back