What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plant of the Month November 2020

• Thread starter thez_yo
  • Start date

Vote for the top 3 best!!

• DragonsEye - D. hartmeyerorum

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • bluemax - D. 'Watari'

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • hcarlton - D. schizandra

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • adnedarn - D. scorpiodes

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • jerrysmith - S. 'moorei'

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • murrkywaters - Utricularia (unknown species/hybrid)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • corky - D.hilaris

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
S. x mooreana is oreophila x leucophylla; x moorei is flava x leucophylla.

Thanks for pointing that out. Either I copied the email incorrectly, or SNW wrote the wrong cross. The yellow orange flowers made them lean more towards it having S. flava in it. I'll edit my post to put in S. moorei.

I think the issue probably stems from the fact that several sources quote x mooreana as basically a moorei synonym, so like some other cases there's been a bit of an issue with name-swapping.

A Utricularia trap for your kind consideration
6f7ea9de8ffd1cf546530770ccb9a7e5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

A pot of d.hilaris I've grown from seed, I'll enter the largest as it's looking nice and dewy at the moment

Yow! We've got quite a competition this month!

I'm excited you guys! And today, thankful!

That's is a spectacular plan and a great photo. Congratulation! I need to get to it...

Month is almost over.... How about a few more new entries? Don't be shy guys and gals!

Opps my bad. Nope, not growing yet.

D. scorpiodes gemmae :p

20201118011647-9319bd57-me.jpg

We're going to take 'seed' to include gemmae unless anyone is opposed. Though I doubt you'll place this month :lol: (sorry)

A Utricularia trap for your kind consideration
6f7ea9de8ffd1cf546530770ccb9a7e5.jpg

You really should have labeled a species here too but... it's been a rough year. Please do so next time if you know what species this is.

I do not. It is a terrestrial that has volunteered in one of my pots. It has a flower stalk which has not bloomed yet so it will be a little while before I can confidently label it.

Oh sure wait till entry is over to tell me so! Everyone write in adnedarn's D. capensis grown under 24hr light from seed (weed) since April 2019 as the rightful winner! :-))

Oh wait, so seed is ok? alright then, never mind. :D Enjoy anyway. ;)

9af1e4eb02a164b273314e657b4e3f29.jpg
ea85f4d8ea0ba6eb23fa56ef683b032f.jpg

'Just a few more hours left to vote, everyone. If you haven't looked at the entries this is certainly a good time for it!

Last edited:
Back