What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Research has shown...

• Thread starter PlantAKiss
  • Start date

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
------------

Cool, huh?!

So nxet tmie you wrtie an Eglnish paepr, wrtie it lkie tihs and see waht hapnens. hehe
rolleyes.gif

I lvoe canirovruos plntas.
smile.gif

Neat! That was pretty easy to read! Am I wierd, or is it like that or everyone?

SF

Ummmm...yer wierd.
tounge.gif
rolleyes.gif
Just kiddin'.
wink.gif
I found it pretty easy to read...but it is heck trying to type like that!

Wlel taht is smeohntig new? I had kown porbelm rdnaeig it..hehehe lol Lraen smoetnihg new eervy day and froegt smeohntig old eervy day.
wink.gif

Tviars
tounge.gif

Weird...I had very little trouble reading that. But what if there are different words that can have the same starting and ending letters?

Like...uhm..ok I can't think of an example.

Taht's prttey naet! Ti's kdina hrad tohugh wehn soemodby acullaty splels the wrod wonrg.

Freaky, That's completely different than my teacher told me only a few days ago. he said your brain looks at each letter individually.

If I wrote like that in my english class the teacher would kill me.. She can barely read my handwriting already, but that's why everyone gets a free laptop at our school
tounge.gif

hehe.. I got this in e-mail a couple days ago.. Seems to fit this topic.:) Thought you might all get a kick out of this.
biggrin.gif

Enjoy
Steve

The Final Word....
maybe.............

For those of you who watch what you eat,
here's the final word on nutrition and health.
It's a relief to know the truth after all those
conflicting medical studies:

1. Japanese eat very little fat and suffer
fewer heart attacks than Americans.

2. Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer
heart attacks than Americans.

3. Africans drink very little red wine and
suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

4. Italians drink excessive amounts of red
wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

5. Germans drink a lot of beer and eat
lots of sausages and fats and suffer
fewer heart attacks than the Americans.

CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like.
Speaking English is apparently what kills you

smile.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

That is pretty cool PlantAKiss!! Too bad you still have to be able to spell, which is my downfall. I'm a terrible speller!! I have to copy all my posts to my word processor and run spell check before i post them. Otherwise nobody would know what i was talking about!

-buckeye

Okay, I could read it, but my hair is standing on end and I have a headache.

I should right a report that way and count the seconds from the time it is finished to the captain has me in his office.

I'll bet people using translator programs are wondering what we're talking about.
biggrin.gif

Hey, somebody needs to tell Plantakiss That somehow Darcie must have figured out her password and is posting under her name.

Sorry I just couldn't resist..
tounge.gif

That is just as easy to read as if it were spelled correctly! Preaty darn cool if you ask me.

i think i should add: the wrods need to hvae the smae ltetres in ecah wrod, olny srcabmeld. if you hvae selpinlg wrnog, yuor bairn cna't unscblream it... and etiehr
way, the comps for people with other languages can't unscramble it... proves that we're smarter than computers...
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif
alien.gif

@ Ozzy.

OOOOO. I felt that one!
smile.gif
Nice.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pond boy @ Sep. 16 2003,07:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That is just as easy to read as if it were spelled correctly! Preaty darn cool if you ask me.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Maybe it's because we've been reading posts on the forum so long that we've had lots of practice reading mis-spelled words?

alien.gif

Back