What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamPuppy

Hi Guys,

This is just a precautionary statement, because as far as I know, we have not recieved any complaints. But here is the deal.

You have the option to use a custom avatar on this site. You can pretty much plug any picture you want.

However, please ensure that the picture you are using is either public domain, or you have obtained permission to use it.

Under no circumstances should you link directly to another companies (Or this one for that matter) page to pull a picture off their site over here for use as an avatar. In effect, when you are doing that, you are stealing bandwidth.

The long and short it, we don't want another company to have the opportunity to get fussy over this, so were asking you to head it off at the pass by just not doing it.

Thanks so much.

As a quick follow up, there was a complaint on this recently but it was successfully and rapidly fixed.

Hey guys,
I have a picture on my hard drive that I would like to upload and use as my Avatar....Can I do that?

ya me too is it even possible if not how do I get one off the net I dont quite know how

you will need to obtain webspace on a server to upload your pics to... used to be you could use geocities and such, but I think they have rules against it now...

but yes, you can upload images and use them, where ya think the mallet in my avatar came from!
smile.gif

Ok, just took my avatar from my own websight....let's see how it looks!

By the way, if you're wondering, it'w the websight for my karate school....
wow.gif

Back