What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something peculiar going on

BigCarnivourKid

It's been one of dem days
Is it just my eyes going bad or do the default Avatars look slightly bigger. Also, have we lost some members? I would have swore that we had 701 members the other day

It's not just you. I've noticed it too but it's not that big of a deal
smile.gif
i guess some people just like their bigger.... makes them feel important
biggrin.gif

-noah

Thanks Noah,
I was beginning to wonder if I needed to up my medication
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Hey Guys,

The avatar size is something in the config that I haven't changed yet
sad.gif
.. there's quite a few things I have to tweak to get to work just as it was before.... but function was the most important goal when I moved the boards.

As for the number of members. We deleted duplicate entries of members as well as a few 'null' accounts that were holding a place of a member.

So now... you're seeing a more accurate representation of the number of users that have been active.

Hey, speaking of which....How do I add one of those cool graphics to my profile....Sorry, I'm new here..
confused.gif

If you are refering to the avatar search thru the web or find a pic of your own right click on it go to properties copy the "address url" for the pic then come back here click in "your Control Panel" go to personal info, Youll see an avatar option click on that go to the empty window for your own avatar and paste the link you copied, click add image and your all set. It's pretty simple you can also adjust the size of ot too
biggrin.gif

Hi schloaty  
biggrin.gif
,  Welcome to the Petflytrap forum
biggrin.gif
.  Don't worry about being new here.  We all were when we started
wink.gif
.  If you have a question or an answere ask or give it.  That's what the forum's about.  Now about the Avatars.  There's a small selection of Avatars to pick from in the "Personal info" part of the "Your Cotrol Panel".  Click the words Avatar Options to access the pre-installed Avatars.  Select an Avatar then click the "Add this avatar to my profile" or at the bottom of that page is a box you can type or paste the URL of another avatar from elsewhere on the web and then click the "Add my own image as my avatar" button.
 Here's a website with free clip art to get you started.  Just follow unknownclowns instructions to get the URL for the graphic:  http://www.bestanimations.com/  
wink.gif
There's lots a other sites out there, too.

Back