What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sphagnum Moss

I been trying to grow them for the past two week, but they are just not growing. They end up rotting and smelling really bad. Nearby nursery don't sell them so I don't know how to get them living.

How are you growing them? Are you just trying to make the stuff grow from dead sphagnum or do you have an existing live population?

I used to have some lives one, but I left them out too long for about 1 week cause I didn't have time to look after them so they dried out. So, I tried adding water and regrowing them but it didnt work, So i bought the long dried sphagnum and did many methods but all of them failed.

I have the best results growing live sphagnum in low light, cool temps, very wet, and 100% humidity. I hope this helps:)

My Sphagnum grows best in my Highland-Setup (for Heliamphora and Nepenthes) and in my outdoor bog.

It will grow higher in low light, but it also grows well in very bright light, if kept cool and humid

green and red sphagnum growing in the Scottish highlands...
schottland_sphagnum.jpg

(Edited by Martin at 5:54 am on May 19, 2002)

Back