What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Countries of origin

Perhaps some of you would be kind enough to tell me the country and region ( State or province) of origin of the following CPs.  Also, I would like to know which of the Nepenthes are highland and which are lowland?

D. Binata Dichotoma
D. Intermedia
S. Dixie Lace
N. Mirabilis x Tobaica
N. Bicalarata
N. Coccinea

I know, I know…go out and buy “Savage Garden” but be kind to me...I am new at this.
confused.gif

I know N. Bicalcarata and Coccinea are lowlanders.  N. Mirabilis is a lowlander, but I don't know about N. Tobiaca.  D. Intermedia comes from all over the world, (take a look at the ICPS seed bank to see alot of the varieties).  Someone else will have to help with the other plants.

Even better than the Savage Garden would be a websearch :) but I always like to help.

Drosera binata is found in Australia and New Zealand. Drosera intermedia has a very wide distribution in the Americas and Europe.

Hope this helps!

Tobiaca is a highlander.

S.x 'Dixie Lace' is a man made hybrid comprising of (Sarracenia leucophylla x rubra subsp.wherryi) x (psittacina x purpurea), all from the USA.

Their is evidence to sugest that D. intermedia origenated in the great lakes region and spred around the world from their a very very long time ago.

The S. Purplera (Spelling may be wrong - I do not have the Savage Garden in hand) lives in Michigan.

Back