What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a cp plant society in florida?

I was just wondering if there was a cp plant society in Florida? If there isn't, some how it has to be created.

Someone was talking about starting one a few months ago (I can't remember who), but your right, there needs to be one in Florida.

I'd be interested, if it was within a reasonable distance that I could talk my parents into driving!!! I'm in South Florida, if that helps.
biggrin.gif

Theres got to be one in Florida or we have to create one. There are many people in Florida(including the ones on this discussion forum) who collect carnivorious plants. I wish I was better in web design so I could create one but my web skills are kind of rusty. So is there anyone going to follow up on creating a Florida Cp Society?

Okay! Let's do it...a South Florida CP society. I am all for it.
biggrin.gif

Great idea!!! I'm in.

hamata

Let's start out by finding out which city everyone lives in and then pick a date and central location, such as a restaurant or one of our homes, to meet. Since...Heheheh...this was your idea Len
smile.gif
smile.gif
why don't you collect the info?
rolleyes.gif

I live in Fort Lauderdale near the beach.

ok. I guess I'll keep track of where everyone lives and we'll find a meeting point. We still have to find more people. To do that, we have to make a website for the South Florida CP Society in the future.

I have searched on the internet and I have found a Plant club called the TBCPC.org (Tampa Bay Carnivorous Plant Club). Does this count as a Florida CP society?
confused.gif

The Tampa Bay group seems to be having some trouble keeping organized, so I'm told. If that's not the case and someone on this forum is a member, please correct me. There is a loose group on the West Coast of Florida, in the Sarasota/Bradenton/Venice area that is planning to get together an organization this year. If anyone is interested and would like to be included in the details, PM me. Oz

I'm from Miami.

Lauderdale, remeber the nursury I told you about- If we find enough people that are willing to do this, we could contact the guy that runs it and ask him if anyone he knows anyone else that would like to come too-- I'm pretty sure he could help get quite a few more people (including him). I'm sure many of his costomers would be interested.

Regards, hamata

You mean Orgel's Orchids???

Yes Len, Orgel's. Great idea Hamata! Can you get in contact with him and see if he has many customers in the area? As a matter of fact, that would be a great field trip for members. I mean, anybody that hasn't been there should see it for no other reason to realize these plants we grow are really tough little cookies. He would probably be thrilled to have a bunch of CP hungry people descend on his place.
smile.gif
smile.gif

Well as of Today, I'm trying to build a temperary webpage for the Florida Cp Society. It's going to be just a informational website for now but sooner or later it will have better design(same for my webpage).

Sure everyone,

That would be a great place for our first meeting. I'll contact him and see what he thinks. Plus it would give me an excuse to make my parents drive me all the way to his nursury.

I'll probably post a new topic if this one has diapeared into oblivion: Florida Unofficial CP Society. or something like that. Look for it or an update in this post or a new post in a couple of days.

Regards, hamata

I was wondering if anyone was familiar with cgi? I want to know how to send forums to my webserver(tripod) and be able to retrieve it. I'm also having some java problems. Can Somone help me please?

Thanks
Lenny

Back