What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cps in stores

Where do you all that find CPs in Lowes and such stores live? I have never seen a CP (even a VFT) in any store here in Southern Cali. The only time I remember seeing a VFT in a Home Depot (Home Base) was when I was a kid back in the 80s.

It is just luck. Some stores order them and others don't. The Lowes, Home depot and Walmarts down here in Boca Raton, Florida don't have any CPs, but up at my grandma's house in Melbourne, Florida, the Lowes has about 15 Neps and a rack of pings and Cobra Lilies. Even the Super Walmart has about 6 Neps and some little dome covered plants. I've asked the managers of these stores about this and they said that they are a special order item and rarely get shipped to them.

where in socal are you at? I got started on cps there. I lived in escondido and got my cps at the home depot there. Ask the rep that orders plants, sometimes they suspend the ordering. Some of the stores don't order them at all. I know where I live in VA now, the Lowes has a really wide variety and the home depot across the parking lot (literally) has NEVER had them and never will according to the rep. Good luck. Oh, one tip, don't call them cps when asking about them, the employees rarely realize what you are talking about, just ask if they have any vfts, it's easier...

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say that LOs Angels Traphole lives in.... Los Angeles. Just a guess.......
wink.gif

Really, I never would have thought! So if my screen name was San Dog 2, you'd presume me from San diego??? You'd be mistaken now wouldn't you??!! food for thought

I wonder how long cps can live in a he!! hole (Mal*Fart, Home Deposit, and Lowes) before they die? I am guessing 3 weeks. I am imagine they water them with tap water or let them dry out.
confused.gif

BTW I was in Cali the week of June 14, 2003 for my sister's wedding. The Mal*Wart in San Jose had some vfts in their store. The soil seemed dry
sad.gif

Travis

I'm a Socal girl and have found cp's at my local Home Depots (plural, I check them all);Armstrong's Garden Centers; and my two local Lowe's. In fact it was at Lowes that I got my first neps, though they've never repeated that plant. They usually just have vft's, droseras, and sometimes cobras.

You just have to check around and call. I've got a Lowes worker to call me when they get a fresh shipment so I can get there the next or same day.

Happy hunting!

cpwitch

Open your Yello Pages. Find Garden Stores- Then call all the places near you. If you dont find anything there then go to lowes, Meijers, WalMart. etc
biggrin.gif

Or you can get the best quality plants by ordering right here from Petflytrap/Exotic Gardens!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Yes, Exotic Gardens is an excellent source of new plants. I have enjoyed all my plants that have been purchased here and would recommend Exotic Gardens plants to everyone who is interested in getting started in cps or for those that just cannot get enough of a good thing. Although these plants may cost a bit more than those found at local stores, you are getting top quality material and you are getting the plants from someone who cares deeply about them.

I picked up a nep at Lowe's yesterday, they aren't common there. He had been sitting there for abot 3 weeks and in surprisingly good health.

I was just curious about stores selling CPs I wouldn't actually buy one from a hardware store. Not saying that Home Depot or Lowes or even WalMart are bad places they're some of my favorite stores. They have nice plants (other than CPs) but I don't think the average garden center employee would know how to properly care for a CP.

I agree PetFlyTrap does sell good plants. I have a spatulata that I'm very happy with, it's a very cute plant.

BTW I do live in LA county, Mid Cities area, Downey to be exact. Thanx

Back