What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fall cp event at meadowview!

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
I would like to extend an invitation to everyone to attend the fall CP event at Meadowview Biological Research Station.  Bill Scholl will be speaking (and showing slides I believe) on a trip he took to explore nepenthes in Sumatra.

This is a great opportunity to come to Meadowview and meet Phil Sheridan the Director and other CP growers!  Meadowview, located near Thornburg, VA, is a non-profit organization dedicated to the restoration of native carnivorous plants (sarracenia) and other bog-related plants/trees in Virginia and parts of Maryland.  Any support to this great effort is appreciated!
------------------------------

<span style='color:RED'>OCTOBER 11, 2003
FALL MEADOWVIEW GUEST SPEAKER
                            BILL SCHOLL</span>

"Pitchers In The Mist, A Nepenthes Expedition To Sumatra"

Come hear Bill Scholl speak about his recent trip to Sumatra and exploration
of the natural environment of the Asian Pitcher Plant genus Nepenthes. Sumatra
is an island in the Malay Archipelago and hosts a number of Nepenthes species.
See the array of environments in which this carnivorous plant thrives.

Social starts at noon followed by talk at 12:30. There is no fee to attend
for Meadowview members. Non-members are assessed a $5.00 fee. Drinks and snacks are provided.
RSVP required by Oct. 4.
----------------------

Anyone who would like to attend can RSVP through the web site (www.pitcherplant.org).  There are directions on how to get there as well.  If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me!

C'mon guys!  Gear up for a road trip!  Some people come from as far away as New York.  
smile.gif
  A big turn out would be great. (Hmmm...New York, eh??...)  
rolleyes.gif

<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>This has been a Phillip Crane approved public service announcment.</span>  
biggrin.gif

Suzanne

I'd love to come. Why aren't there any things like this near Canada or something?
mad.gif

I'm in, unless a test comes up. I'll check my schedules and PM you. Hope this comes out better than our last attempt
wink.gif

Cynic...I already RSVPed for you so you HAVE to go. hehehe :)
rolleyes.gif

Oh, it's a Saturday (college intelleigence, or rather lack thereof). Then I'm definately in. I've never achieved anything academically on a Saturday
biggrin.gif
. So I'd love to join in.

Suzanne, if there is an address (not a personal address) to where I could send a check, please PM it to me. I can at least pay the non-members fee. Ever little bit helps to run a good organization like that. Unfortunatly, our vacation doesn't start until later in October.
sad.gif
, and my wife and I are talking about going near that area, specifically, Kitty Hawk, NC.

Alan

Wish I could go but it's a bit far from here
smile.gif

Bill's a classic, completely mad!

Suzanne would you mind saying hello to Bill from me, he doesn't have email.

Cheers, Troy.

Back