What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ARGH!!!   Some people are just ...

hey all...

Ok, so jeff goes on ebay.. finds a person that's been selling venus flytraps... well.. their description says just "Feed it a pinch of Hamburger and it'll be ok" ...

Well ####!  We all KNOW that's wrong... he WROTE THEM... and they were less than pleasant about it.

So, I was thinking... Maybe if more people told them that they were STUPID, they'd get the point.

Go to:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2026091664

Then write the user... and TELL them that tehy're totally wrong, misleading people... and are going to lead to the death of innocent plants!

>=\

Shore thing Boss
smile.gif

Done, more power to ya phil!

LOL, this suckers too stupid to live! lol, my god, it's like he really HATES this plant!. And the bidding is already up to &#3610.00!!! Is there anyway we can let these people know how outrageous that is for its size, I would pay that much for a cultivar MAYBE, it's just a VFT, not a ten dollar plant. I mean, they're cool, but for 10 bucks you could have 10 bulbs right now from VFT. The trouble with todays generation, everyone wants instant gratification. I wrote them an as polite as I get for anyone that stupid memo kindly pointing out all their errors in care instructions, it was kinda fun actually. I had a really (word omitted for the youngsters) day, this was perfect. Thanks Phil!

DONE! foolish people providing wrong care and feeding instructions should be put in jail.

nooooo, jail is not right, how dare you sudgest such a thing!!!! They should be put in the stocks in the town square and a little guy with a monkey should rent paintball guns out for a nickel.

What a total nincompoop. I am not able to mail himas I am required to register at ebay. Could someone who is registered give me his address? (greenbeanes) or whoever he is. Thanks.

I thought I'd share with you all the message I sent to greenybeaneys.
smile.gif

"Excuse me sir but it has been brought to my attention by other fellow Carnivrous Plant growers that you are giving wrong imformation on E-bay regarding about selling your Venus-Flytrap ( Dioneae Muscipula) I would like to say that if you are going to sell a carnivrous palnt please do so responsibly and don't tell your customer to feed it hamburger. These plants are carnivorus for a reason and have not spent billions of years evolving to eat cow meat.

Thank You for your time.

Sincerely, Carnivorous plant enthusiast and grower
NG"

Justennis1... poor ignorant bastard.

Copy of message I just sent to seller:
Just FYI... these plants really don't do well with hamburger. They really don't need to be fed at all. If they are put outside they seem to attract and catch appropriate food on their own. Probably the best advice you could give is to water with rain, distilled, or reverse osmosis water... not tap, well or spring water.

Dyflam, VFT expert

That felt kinda good.

(Edited by Dyflam at 10
wow.gif
4 pm on May 23, 2002)

LOL
smile.gif

I love you guys!

LOL, i thouht i was dumb.. but #### this is pathetic

Done...I know that the seller can amend his/her description but I'm willing to bet he/she doesn't.

suzanne

i gave the jerk my 2 cents worth
wink.gif

what a bonehead! i sent him an e mail too!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Stefano1 on 8:56 pm on May 23, 2002
LOL, i thouht i was dumb.. but #### this is pathetic
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Nuff said
smile.gif

I think this guy is going to go insane from all the RIGHT information coming to him! :cheesy:

Perhaps everyone should post any replies they get. I'm curious to see if this person replies to my somewhat scathing email I sent. I will surely post it if/when I get it.

Good idea sarracenia! This could become an interesting thread!

Back