What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ARGH!!!   Some people are just ...

It's a friggin gublers flytrap, you can tell by the packaging and the 4th picture which clearly shows their POP. (point of purchase) display.

Sad...

Perhaps I should post information for auction, 5 million units at 1 cent a pop, "1 cent buys you information guranteed to kill a venus flytrap" then link it to this guys e-mail address for care instructions.

smile.gif

I sent this guy the following email:

Hello,
i just want to just bring this little problem up wqith what you are telling your bidders about the care of the venus fly trap, i caught 2 major glares in your growing instructions, for one your recommendation on feading the venus fly trap hamburger is a very very bad idea, because as a result of a live insect movements when just trapped, it stimulates 2 enzymes the first enzyme, the digestion enzyme which will break down the insects mass to a mesh so that it can me absorbed throught the lobes, and for 2 the anti-bacterial enzyme, which will keep bacteria from invading the trap and rotting the carcuss... as we both know hamburger does not have life like movements, so it does not stimulate mass enzyme relaease, there for it rots the trap which is unhealthy for the plant and makes he plnt hidious to the human eye... you can massage the lobes to stimulate a bit of enzyme movements but that has its downs a well, as you rub the lobes your remove and important water reppelant on the plants leaves which can also induce damage to the plant in the long run... the second galre i saw is thatyou say nothing abotu the light requirements soo there for someone may put them in a window with so to say an african violet for which we both know that is little than enough light that the plant needs to produce healthy traps, and a luscious red inner lobes.. you also need to tell you buyers that these plants need no special humdidity requirements as well, because do to the fact that i rcieve many questions that invlolve the vft, and there main mistake is putting the vft in an terrarium... so i just found your bid and i decided to just help you out with customers....

cya laters
and good days
Jim

hopefully it will knock some sense into him, and since i used a passive way to get my point across, i will go rage on his sorry excuse for a bid, If he gets smart with me on his reply
smile.gif

well i found another thing wrong, he said do not keep it in a tray of water, that the roots will rot

WRONG!

If/when he replies to my email i am going to confront him abotu that! he is so ignorant...

You know Ram I think youre right well #### if this guy is from Goobers that explains everything.
Haha....I can't believe someone is about to pay 10 bucks for it!

Not that I am starting to point fingers...

The first time that I wrote the person ( which was many months ago )

I brought many points up about raising CP's. I even tols them that I sell them.

My reply ( and I wish I still had it ) was that was the information that they were told and no one has complained about dead plants.

I just hope that Gubler's wasn't their soure for care information!!

I am feeling a letter to the Ebayer again and a 'curious customer' letter to Gubler's...to just see.

I will keep you all posted!

I got a reply here it is:

instructions come from supplier // no problems w/ my plants.
thanks john
I get this un helpful message daily!!

Here is what I said: Short and Sweet Just Like all of us:)

You are going to kill innocent flytraps by feeding them hamburger...I would remove your wording on how to feed flytraps so you do not mislead people with false information.

(Edited by Travis at 5:43 pm on May 24, 2002)

(Edited by Travis at 5:44 pm on May 24, 2002)

Wow 10 million people can't be wrong...or can we? <rubbing chin>
smile.gif

here is what I wrote ( second message )

Hello,

I am sorry to bother you. I wrote you some time ago about selling Venus flytraps on Ebay and the care information that you supplied.

I wanted to ask if I may, where/who told you that this is proper care for these plants?

Certain doom for the plants you are offering will take place if those directions are followed. These plants actually need to sit in a dish of water 1 to 1 1/2 inches. But not much more than that.

Sunny windows are good depending on where you live in the world. In many places the sun is too strong and indirect lighting and or supplemental fluorescent lighting works better.

I am by no means trying to start anything. My main concern is for the well being of these plants and for the people that purchase them. All I want is for people to be happy with these plants and to help keep them around for generations to come.

Many people feel that these are hard tropical plants to take care of.

That is not the case, but the problem lies with the disinformation that has been spreading around since the beginning of time with carnivorous plants.

I ask that you reconsider your care information and/or source of information and pass along to your buyers the correct way to take care of these plants.

Thank you so much for you time, and I am sorry to bother you.

Have a great weekend!!!

Jeff Mechler
Looking for something more EXOTIC??
www.petflytrap.com
toll free:
1-888-437-1668 ext. 3

We will see what I get.

I want to thank you all for doing what you feel is right. I feel that as long as you believe you actions to be mindful and truthful, you are doing the right thing ( unless it involves violence and hurting others ).

That Guy is so stupid , I sent him a email and he replied "GO TO #### '' . He just wants to rip the person who is going to buy that plant off by fraud intructions that would kill the new owners plant . He just wants to see the sad face of the person who buys it when it turns black and die . we should start a forum called ACPOAEPG : meaning Advance Carnivorous Plant Owners Against Evil Plant Growers .

dont it just make ya mad way down inside and you just wanna take that person out of business completely,i mean i just hate to see cp's fall into the hands of stupid people like that.ya way down inside makes ya mad ya....

Well, Jaie...maybe the 10 million people are wrong? That is pretty scary. Well, I am off to feed my flytrap a T-bone steak now...thanks for help but I think john has a great point. he, he, he, he, he. I'm k\d.

John "The PinHead",
Travis

Get it:cheesy:
Point=PinHead
If not O'well another bad joke for the books. Made me laugh anyhow.

yoo, tuyen, did he really say goto ####?

#### if i said something to HELP him and he replied "GOTO ####" i would personally curse and yell and so much other stuff at him, i really hate when your trying to help someone and they just blow you off, it hurts inside, then it makes me (maybe you too) curse and b!@#h at them, it makes me, and i really do it,

Reading the posts here, I think the seller gets the idea (although I doubt they care). So, not wanting to be left out in doing my part to help, I E-mailed the buyer. See below.
---------------
This ebay sell has caught the attention of some of my fellow carnivorous plant enthusiasts. I would just like to inform you that if you do purchase this plant you may not want to follow the instuctions that the seller is providing. Your plant will likely die. One of the best sources for info on the Venus Flytrap (and many other types of carnivorous plants) can be found at http://www.sarracenia.com/faq.html . Please do yourself, and the plant, a favor and read the info listed in this link.

Just thought you might appreciate some accurate info. These plants are great fun and if you do decide to &#36pend the money on it, and give it the propper care you will be very pleased.

D.
--------------
I decided against directly saying that the price was WAY too much, because, let's face it, everyone has the right to try make as much money as they can doing the least work possible. And if buyers don't at least do a little homework, well then... I also opted to not mention PFT incase the buyer is actually a secondary ID for the seller who is trying to run up the price.

Anyway, I'll let you know of any responses.

D. Buck.

I am very pissed off now about the guy who told me to go to #### , but I think he just said that because he gat a riot of emals from me .

So this is what I got as a response. I just wished that I would have gotten the 'go to ####'.
smile.gif

i've had more than enough advice // at least 10 e-mails in the lkast 2 days / the care information comes directly w/ my trap supplier!! i'm going tro take the bit about hamburg out of new listings just to stop the e-mails regardin this matter. i've been raising them successfully for several years and i don't think i've lost a one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
john

I have not recieved my reply back yet but, ohh patient I will be!

The picture on the auction site has a photo that looks like Gubler's.

I don't think Gubler's was who the care info is from, their site says never to feed proccessed meats like hamburger.
Goto: <a href="http://www.gublers.com/VFT.html

Show" target="_blank">http://www.gublers.com/VFT.html

Show</a> him/her/it the site.
I'll bet the info came from the local hrdware store.

This guy is really dumb no wonder he has only one bid right now .

Back