What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to plant and grow bladderworts

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
I know there are more people that look here so I might be able to get some help. How do you plant and grow bladderworts?
confused.gif

Hi,

utricularia (or bladderworts) are generally easy to grow, at least some of the more common species are (well, isn't that ironic?)

There are two main classes of utrics - terrestial and aquatic.

Terrestial utrics grow well in soggy peat with a lot of light, though the exact conditions vary depending on species. Some require dormancy while others are tropical.

Aquatics grow in water, where the two main factors is water quality and algae control. Again, exact conditions vary by species. Some need large tanks while others can be growin in a bowl on the windowsill. I suggest you pick a species you want to grow and ask about it in the utric forum, where one of our friendly people will be happy to assist you
wink.gif

cheers, hope this helps. It's a vague answer, kind of like your question.
smile.gif

-noah

There are also epiphitic Utricularia. These have larger sized flowers, are usually the most desired species and have by far the most difficult cultural requirements. They are usually planted into a loose medium that will allow for partial drying during their dormancy period.

Back