What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Erie carnivorous plant society

NickHubbell

It’s a trap!
I am posting this information to find out how much interest there is for the formation of a new Carnivorous Plant Society in the Lake Erie Region, USA. Over the past few months, a small group has been visiting carnivorous plant bogs around Ohio. During this time, we have talked about creating a new Carnivorous Plant Society for those in the Ohio, Michigan, New York, and Pennsylvania. At this time we are looking for people interesting in joining such a group to find out if there is enough interest to continue pursuing the idea. The name that we have come up with is the Erie Carnivorous Plant Society. Our hope is to get a nice sized group that can meet once a month or bimonthly to share their experiences and information with others.

Please post here if you are interested. You can also email me directly from the forums.

nick,
i am definately interested. keep me updated on this.

technoracer

nick, that would rock!!! ozzy mentioned it to me before and i told him that i was very intersted. it would surely be a good time, keep us updated!!!
biggrin.gif

xdouglasx

Im kinda on the Eastern fringe of the territory (Rochester, NY)
so im a bit out of the way..but I will come to your annual convention!
smile.gif

Scot

I am from PA and a newbie, but I would be interested, LMK

I would be interested and would make meetings as my schedule allowed.

cheers

I'm sure I'd make the trip at least sometimes.  And I'd be happy to drive people in the Rochester/Buffalo NY area (assuming they contributed cuttings to me, of course
smile.gif
j/k )

i'm from youngstown -ohio - where are there any carnivorous plants at around here? or do you mean at zoo's green houses...

Hey jeffsz28, I am from Edinburg, PA. We are neighbors!!!!!

Well I think we got the answer we were looking for. I'm sure that the Erie CPS. will happen, We just have to work out all the details. We will post membership info here when we have this all planned out. If you have any ideas for this group please post them here or pm Nick or myself.

Thanks

hi- i think i have heard of edinburg Pa

There are several carnivorous plants located in Toledo, OH that grow naturally in the wild. Also, there are 5+ bogs that have carnivorous plants in the North Eastern part of Ohio.

no way that is sweet....... never knew they grew around here- have any pictures of them?

Back