What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ikon board errors fixed - Again

• Thread starter RamPuppy
  • Start date

RamPuppy

I put a bandaid on it.

I can't recover the lost topics, basically, the server just filled up from what i can tell, I went back and deleted some really old stuff, then did a test, new topics will work.

So, if your topic is broken, re-post it please.

Tim, your topic, and the one for supporting CP Growers I know are both broken and need to be re-opened.

Same goes for any others that have errors, since I can't get into them to fix, or delete them, they will just naturally sink into oblivion.

Sorry for the invonvienience.

Oh, and if this starts to sink, bump it, until at least tomorrow morning.

Bump it, then delete the last 'bump' post. it will save posts
wink.gif

Bump...

no need to worry about space, I made LOTS!
smile.gif

OK... maybe we do... just fixed it again.

something funky... replies to portions of active threads are not showing.  And new threads are coming up with a cgi error.

Example this post by Jeremiah.  The first post by Jeremiah with the pictures is gone as well as several followup posts.  Also new posts to the thread are not showing up even the the reply count is increasing.

Nep picture post by Jeremiah

Example of a post that shows the cgi error:
cgi error post

T

O yeah the other thing I noticed. Every time I open up a page I am getting a message in the very bottom left of IE5 that says error on page instead of the usual 'Done'

im still getting an error!

temp_error.jpg

..happens nearly everytime I click on anything! if I click on "no" on the error, the window disappears, but then I have to click "no" a LOT of times because the error pops up whenever I click on anything..to reply to a message, or just to open a forum..
it first appeared yesterday morning.

I get it at work, but not at home..
at work, windows NT with IE6.

at home is windows XP with IE6

Scot

Scotty,

I'm getting the same thing at work here. I think it might be a NT thing

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tony Paroubek @ June 20 2003,11:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">O yeah the other thing I noticed.  Every time I open up a page I am getting a message in the very bottom left of IE5 that says error on page instead of the usual 'Done'[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Me too. "Error on Page" or "Done" with a triangular "!" next to the "Done"

I have Windows ME, and whenever I click on anything with PFT, I also get an error. It looks like this:
INTERNET EXPLORER SCRIPT ERROR
AN ERROR HAS OCCURED IN SCRIPT ON THIS PAGE.
LINE:2 OR 15
CHAR:1
ERROR:SYNTAX OR OBJECT EXPECTED
CODE:0
URL:WWW.PETFLYTRAP.COM/CGI-BIN/IB3/ICONBOARD.CGI
DO YOU WANT TO CONTIUE RUNNING SCRIPTS ON THIS PAGE
then it has you check yes or no.

With the new renovations I now get two errors, and the second is slightly different than the first ( like on the LINE it says either line 2 or sometimes line 15 and also on ERROR, it is either a syntax, or object expected.

Cole

I can't get into some topics...and the post count says 0...is that the trouble? I got an error as well.

Phil, your getting info on two seperate issues.

one is an Ikonboard problem, (obviously the one related to the posts) the other I think might be the new header you popped up. Most people don't experience that, and I am wondering if it might be that their version of i.e. is not handling the scripts properly.

THe Ikonboard error I have been able to prevent from happening by deleting very old therads (we used to have 12 pages, now we have 10 1/2) but it fills up quick... thinking maybe we are low on disc space on the server. I already contacte Patrick to check.

you know, another forum had this problem before! (predatoryfish) They ened up deleteing everything and starting over I think

I'm getting Colieo's Script error window and have to click "yes I want to keep running" to get it off. It happens on every page I go to, which is quite annoying. But at least it's not just me or my computer
wow.gif

It seems to be only on pft as other stuff loads ok.

cpwitch

One more thing.  I noticed that in the posts I read today, both old and new, that anything that was italisized is displayed slightly lower on the line than unemphasized text.

edited @ 11:45am, June 21, 2003
Looks like you fixed it.  Boy! You guys are quick!
icon14.gif
wink.gif

alien.gif

scotty...

are you still gettting the errors?

I am only getting one syntax error now ( I am excited however that it's only one now&#33
wink.gif

Cole

Back