What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

watering question

Should plants that are watered by the tray system..(VFT, Sundews, Pings), always have their water level maintained or should you let it dry out between waterings..thanks.

I always keep water in the tray just to be safe. I usauly keep it around an 1 inch to a half an inch of water.

travis

I like to live dangerously - I let the trays dry out between waterings. So there you have it: two contradictory opinions. Welcome to the world of CP growing.

I let my Drosera, Sarracenia, Dionaea, Ping, stand in constant water. I let my Cephalotus (which I have had for a very short time, so I'm definitely not a good source of expertise) and Darlingtonia trays dry out between waterings.

I think you will get a slightly different answer from just about everyone, I think the big thing is just don't let the soil dry out.

T. Buck.

Ditto to dodecatheon.
smile.gif

- Brett

Back