What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exotic gardens does herp expo

RamPuppy

As I sit here, Phil is resting his tired little head, recovering for an unexpected exhaustion from the first day, of an unexpected interest.

Last week Phil asked me if I would like to come down from San Antonio and help him out with a show he was doing, and me being the great friend I am, said 'Sure.. how much does it pay?'
smile.gif
just kiddin...

So yesterday at 4AM I loaded up the truck and headed to HOuston. I arrived after an uneventful trip across east Texas (at 95MPH) around 7:30 in the morning, and after brief hello's, the Phlitrap Guy and RamPup started loading pallets of plants, boxes of product, and so forth into the vehicles. A quick zip over to the Clarion Hotel and we reversed the process into the Exotic Gardens booth.

The Convention doors opened at 10
wow.gif
0, and at first, interest was light, and non-existent... impossible you say... but true! See... it's not a plant show.. it's a HERP show! The Bayou City Herp Expo. Exotic Gardens rented teh booth right next to HoustonHerp, (one of our mods) and as Phil and I sat behind our booth all lonely, talking to ourselves, with low expectations... 'poof' the arrived.

"Is that a Venus Flytrap?" "Will it hurt my finger if I stick it in there?" "NO... but I will if you do it again!" <-RamPup's thoughts) What are those? "American PItcher Plants, Nepenthes, Sundews" Eyes like saucers from kids 10 to 70, and then they all turned to their significant others, whether it be, mom, dad, wife, so forth and said "Can I have one?"

Phil and I bagged, planted terrariums, laughed, made jokes, sold a few plants and had a blast until the doors closed at five, and we caught our breath, and realized, it wasn't just a few plants we sold, it was a LOT of plants.. mostly Venus Flytraps, and quite a few nepenthes... turns out quite a few people think they would be a neat addition to their vivariums...

well... Day one was a blast, and I'm waiting for Phil to wake up so We can go on with Day 2. I can tell you this... there are two cute little Azuras Dart Frogs over across the isle that are screaming "take me home" to me... I WANT to comply... but should I...

I turn to my significant other....

OH... and his significant other isn't me
smile.gif
.... he meant his wife.

Just to clarify!
smile.gif

Back