What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Thrive

Just wondering what sets Super Thrive apart from other liquid "nutritional suppliments", plant foods or fertilizers for CP's?
I have found in a local garden center a suppliment for plants (I haven't used it or bought it). It claims to neither be fertilizer or plant food. Would this be much the same?
What ingredients are in the superthrive that make it gentler or better for CP's than the others?

Thanks!
smile.gif

It does everything!

It promises nothing!

Guaranteed! Or not!

Seriously, I have never seen this stuff proven to do anything at all, and most people use it as you would RooTone so I say just use the RooTone. Yet many swear by it, including very careful growers with whom I would not argue, and many deserving and discriminating plant vendors. EG sells it, for instance (hint hint).

It is not really a fertilizer. It's a B-complex solution. It's also got the best packaging I've ever seen outside of a pair of X-Ray Spex. It practically screams "I'm snake oil!" at you. Hard to resist.

Steve

Superthrive is not a fertilizer and will provide nothing that a plant needs as far as minerals/elementals needed for every day growth. SO you can not use it as a replacement for plant nutrition.

There is a little evidence that vitamin B-1 helps in promoting root growth and reducing transplant shock. Superthrive does contain vitamin B-1 (along with assorted other vitamins, none of which have been proven to do anything for plants). And should be beneficial if your rough with your plants when repotting them.

Personally I don't use it as I think good culture is the key to success and there is little that it will do in such a circumstance. Plus I hate the snake oil advertising!
T

When taken with meals it can give you an energy boost.
wow.gif

Disclaimer: Just kidding... do not take!!

Back