What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Triangle bog trip photos

NickHubbell

It’s a trap!
This bog trip was excellent. Although not everyone who wanted to go could attend. Mark, Brian, and I were able to make the trip. The bog was easy to find once we obtained the aerial photo of the bog and roads.

Triangle Bog has been the best bog to visit to date. This is probably one of the least disturbed bogs in Ohio and it shows.

Please note that nothing was removed from the bog. The only things we took with us are digital photos and memories.

Some Images of the Bog:
TriangleLakeBog.jpg

TriangleLakeBog1.jpg

TriangleLakeBog2.jpg

Sarracenia purpurea ssp. purpurea:
S_purpurea_triangle_closeups.jpg

S_purpurea_triangle_berries1.jpg

This is the first time I have ever seen cranberries growing.

S_purpurea_traingle_water.jpg

S_purpurea_triangle_deep_purple.jpg

S_purpurea_triangle_seedpod1.jpg

S_purpurea_seedpod_seeds.jpg

Drosera rotundifolia:
D_rotundifolia_triangle.jpg

oh how these pictures give visual representation of the heart break i am presently engulfed in for being unable to attend
sad.gif
.....great pics though  
wink.gif

Here is another photo of a larger specimen.

S_purpurea_triangle_huge_plant.jpg

Well, since I kept saying this place was off of Shady Lake Road and it was off of Sandy Lake Road, I thought I would post this.

ShadyLakeSign.jpg

There is a Shady Lake nearby. However, it is not a road nor associated with the bog. However, it just felt right taking the photo.

Those are some very good pics Nick, Good Job!!!

Triangle Lake Bog is the best cp site I've seen in Ohio so far. It is the best S. purpurea site I have ever seen. It has the largest bunches of purpureas I've ever seen. One was almost 3 ft wide. The only draw back of this site was the sundews were not really as nice as the purpureas, but that could be in part because of the time of year and the resent weather here. Maybe next year it'll be alot better. We'll plan another trip for this bog next year when it's in it's prime.
I hate to have to say this but you guys that cancelled missed one of the best sites you'll ever see.

Well does anybody have any ideas for our next trip? If so let us know so we can start planning.

Hey nick to bad you didn't get the pick of the Ficus elastica at the Frame Lake Bog. It was really a nice plant, one of the best things we saw at frame lake. It's really sad to say but we had to stop ourselves from poaching it.
biggrin.gif

The Ficus elastica has been the most unusual plant I have seen to date. I do hope we get to see it next year. That would be amazing!

wow those pics were nice nick
sad.gif
i would have liked to go- my buddy and i are going to try and go this week one day or next week. can mark or nick give me some better directions now since you went.. i would be coming off of I -76.

Well, I have some more photos for you. However, these will have to be viewed off site.

You can see all the photos that I took of Triangle Bog on my website.

When you click on a thumbnail image, you will get the larger version. These are 640x480 photos. The original size for the photos is 2272x1704.

Please remember that if you visit this site, it is illegal to collect plants, seeds, and animals. This is a beautiful site and we want it to stay that way.

Back