What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plant labels

• Thread starter Jmenprkr
  • Start date
Well WHERE
tounge.gif

[Edited by NickHubbell on July 16, 2003]

You can find plant lables right here at pft. You can also buy them at garden centers, online garden supply centers, home improvement stores, and various other places that sell potting supplies.

I cut up old mini blinds and write on them with a pencil.

WildBill

Check out all the new stuff PFT has!! Just showed up a few minutes ago on the site. Go to Shopping HOme and then choose Plant Accessories...wait till you see all the new things there...including plant labels and tags!! Amazing
biggrin.gif

While you're there check out the Gift Items and all the other new categories of plants..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (greenhouse1 @ July 15 2003,9:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Check out all the new stuff PFT has!!  Just showed up a few minutes ago on the site.  Go to Shopping HOme and then choose Plant Accessories...wait till you see all the new things there...including plant labels and tags!! Amazing
biggrin.gif

While you're there check out the Gift Items and all the other new categories of plants..[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
COOL!!! ill be looking at the many plants ALL night!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Well... this could get expensive... he he he

While on the subject, I recommend the use of a pencil vs the laundry marker pens: the latter fades in sunlight leaving you with nice white markers. Pencil is the way to go.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tamlin Dawnstar @ July 16 2003,10:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">While on the subject, I recommend the use of a pencil vs the laundry marker pens: the latter fades in sunlight leaving you with nice white markers.  Pencil is the way to go.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
what if you were to stick the whole label into the ground while not in use, and only take it out of the ground when you want to know what species of plant it is? That would be good, as you could re-use the labels! (just put them in the sun and oyu get new labels
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
)

I heard about someone using a cut up aluminum can into strips and then using a nail set to tap the plant name into the tag. I might be trying this soon.

Back