What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vent Here...

• Thread starter Parasuco
  • Start date
couple things...

Ironmonkey...

"mmmm.... Shai Hulud" Let's go find a maker worm huh?
smile.gif

Mindmaze...

Uhh dude! I own it in HARDBACK, read it about 40 times! That is another thing that ticks me off! Abominations they call 'movie adaptations' if they had done a true to the book movie, it would have been EPIC, and there would have already been a sequel...

And Clown, sorry for bringing it up.
sad.gif
But I agree with you completely. If they have shown a disregard for human life, I see no reason to let them continue in their existence, much less let them do so freely. Seems ridiculous to me.

Have you all noticed that kidnapping has gone up to extreme levels recently? Its crazy, it's like all the sickos decided to come out of the wood work at one time... Like they are thinkging "He gets to live out his fantasy, why can't I live out mine!?" Tell ya what... let's catchem all and have a BBQ (don't eat the BBQ&#33
wink.gif
smile.gif

BBQ is to good for'em and a waste of a good BBQ. Just shoot them and bury them in the local dump.
mad.gif

O I forgot one..............

TELEMARKETERS GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I'd like to strangle the person on the end of the other line.
mad.gif

NepG... Its not like the telemarketers are self-employed.
They have a boss that tells them when to come into work, and thats what they do. They're like any other sales person,and gets paid comission for everything they manage to sell. Thats why they don't want you to hang up. They're not trying to set up some ploy to keep you from you dinner...

Um nep G and the rest who dont like telemarketters they are just people like you and me who are trying to make money and feed thier families if you dont like to talk to them dont get yourself bent out of shape just say no thankyou and hang up the phone its not worth it to get mad.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (carniverous newbie @ Aug. 16 2002,9:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sorry Unknownclown! Looks like my "tick off" hit a nerve with a lot of people. On the bright side, it's nice to see that there are still so many people out there who will not tolerate abusers, and who genuinely can't understand what makes these people tick. I guess that means that there is still some good left in our world!
biggrin.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I'm not ticked
smile.gif
...hehehehe, not yet
tounge.gif
. Who in their right mind likes those kinds of people? Not me but I it does not tick me off...it is more disgusting. I cannot believe anyone can do that. I am against the death penalty for two main reasons:
1. It cost soooo much of our tax money to execute someone. The process takes soooo long from 2 to 15 years before they are put to death.

2. (My opinion) I believe it is much worse to have someone stay in prison for life and think what they did. Plus, the possibilities of getting a good beat down in prison by other in mates for what they did.

Now I know MI does not have the death penalty but there was killer running around. He lived only a mile from my dad’s house. He has reportedly killed 7 people by drowning them and using bricks to sink the bodies. Anywho, since he killed the people on Federal land he will be the first one to have the death penalty. The weird thing is they found a body a half-mile from my dads house in a lake were I go ducking hunting all the time. That was around the 4rth of July weekend. Now the odd part of the story is that our beagle (Tigger) would run to house and the parents would feed Tigger...loved the dog. Tigger did that for 14 years, it is weird now to know what is going on. He is in prison now and I have heard that the in-mates fear him. Anyways I thought tell you all since we are that discussion of it.

travis

Something else that ticked me off just last night...technology! I mean, here I am on the internet and saying that! Ha!

But no, what I mean is, they are now looking at a new form of technology origionally designed for law enforcement and the military that will help you keep track of your kids. Not that I'm opposed at all to knowing where my kids are at all times, but I mean really!
They are looking at a "black box" like flight recorders for your teens' vehicles (good idea...I'd use one).
But they are also talking about a "tracking chip" that you can either put in your child's watch or implant under their skin so that you can track them at all times. As well as computer technology that lets you track movements anywhere in your home from anywhere in the world.
Of you look at the small picture, it could be an inovative idea. But if you look at the big picture...what are really going to end up doing? Putting our kids out there and saying "ok sickos! Now you can track my kids anywhere you want from anywhere in the world. Come and get them!" Are they really ignorant enough to believe that the hacks out there, and the sickos out there can't or may not in some cases be one in the same, or that nut cases won't learn how to hack into or abuse the technology to do exactly what they want with it? I believe wed' basically be putting a bulls-eye on our kids, and I for one won't be doing that!
mad.gif

another thing that disappoints me is when one says something that may be of importance to them and another will contradict what they say or bad mouth them afterwards. it even happens here in our PFT community. we are supposed to come together as one to help each other better ourselves and those around us..........so why do we create conflict. im sure it makes people feel kinda uncomfortable here. i know i did at one time.

-josh

i hate squerels, eating the pitchers off of my precious nepenthes and eating there fresh buds and my venus fly traps.
mad.gif
they ate, the beginings of a pitcher off a nepenthes that i have been waiting to see for months,and the active growth point also. monthsof nursing to health just to have butcherd by a rodent. Iv never liked cats but now im considering starting a breeding program in my yard,and the rest of my neighborhood as well.until i populate the entire area with squerel killers and every filthy nep eating rodent is wiped from the earth.

sincerely
Joel
biggrin.gif

people who keep asking questions that they already know about and when your right about somehting they argue because they think they are right and dont shut up until you prove your point

oh and uc are you a telemarketer? because sounds like you are, arguing about what nep g said, ttelemarketers dotn make me that mad because i just hang up on them, i feel sorry for em later, but it makes me mad so i just hang up or dont answer

Neither Shelly nor myself are telemarketers... My sister took that job for the duration of her pregnancy though, just to keep a bit of a cash flow...

I would like to inform you that my N. inermis has not put out a new pitcher in 2 months.

My dente bulb rotted

My dad Thinks that i play mindgames and try to confuse him (I swear)

My divx player alpha de syncronises the sound when the video is moved in position in anyway.

My Kazaa keeps locking up my computer

My computer keeps restarting at will

food keeps getting stuck in my braces

My fingernails never stay clean even if i have rubber gloves on and clean them daily

i Have a fear of rejection

I have to make this list

Girls

------ Sweat the small stuff

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (timbudtwo @ Aug. 19 2002,08:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My Kazaa keeps locking up my computer[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I have that same problem, I switched to Grokster.

travis

Brace yourselves: this list won't be short!

Stupidity. More precisely, ignorance. If you want to see ignorance at its best, check out the message boards attached to the articles at Yahoo News. That's also what happens when a discussion forum goes unmoderated--all the racist, sexist, ignorant ****ers go unpunished. OK, need to breathe...
mad.gif

On a WAY lighter note, it annoys (NOT 'aggravates'! ) me when people butcher the English language in an attempt to sound smarter. I SCREAM in AGONY when people on CNN say penultimate, which actually means 'second to last', in order to impress people who CORRECTLY say ultimate. Other words frequently misused are disinterested, infinitesimal, fortuitous, and irregardless, which is redundant. Alright, so I'm being a pompous ***...in some cases a hypocritical pompous ***...but that's what this thread is for, right?
wink.gif

That 'Peanut Butter Jelly Time' song. You laugh at first, but then when it gets stuck in your head [shudder]...curse you, Nep. G!

SKUNKS! Yeah, that's right--SKUNKS! In case some of us aren't familiar with these pests, they're smelly oversized rodents that have recently developed a taste for my outdoor Sarracenia. I've tried fox urine as both a liquid and a powder, but it isn't having much of an effect...if anyone has ANY ideas, please PM me and I'll try to get back to you ASAP. Sometimes, after finishing replanting a S. 'Dixie Lace' or two they've dug up and crapped next to, I feel like hiding behind one of the lilacs with a sharp object and giving 'em #### as they waddle up to my precious plants. Breathe Chris, breathe...yes, I realize they've probably been here a lot longer than I have and are only trying to find food, but they're so cunning and malicious not even my cats can scare them away.
sad.gif

Execution. So sorry, but I don't agree with the execution of American citizens, evil or not. Foreign terrorists, however, are another matter entirely. Hundreds of people surely disagree with me...PM me if you want to vent.

Hey, that didn't take so long.
biggrin.gif
BTW, some of my other gripes are already covered by others who posted before me. Kidnapping, rape, etc. I too hate.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Now, what doesn't P me O (sounds kinda Irish! ). The list would be ridiculously long, so all I'm including are things that immediately come to mind.

Star Trek. Love it. Always will. Star Trek I know has a lot of fans on this forum.
smile.gif
BTW, just for the record, I like Star Trek more than Star Wars. A lot more. I watched eight DS9 episodes just yesterday--b/c I'm going through my old tapes so they can finally be thrown away...b/c they're so deteriorated. Next it'll be time to buy everything on DVD!

Telemarketers. Not saying I LIKE them, it's just that I have nothing against them. Most of the time they're just college kids looking to scrounge up some extra cash. But what DOES annoy me DEEPLY is when they try to leave messages on the answering machine. My message: "hello, you have reached 83... etc. etc." then I hear "hi, this is Sally! I just got back from a LONG day at school and I'm REALLY tired [not sure why they say this; must be a tactic to gain my sympathy], but I would really think you'd be most definitely interested in our low-interest teletubbie innertubes! they're just so infinitesimally fabulous, they're quality is irregardessly penultimate in each and every one of them! but if you're disinterested..." blech!

Lame jokes. I adore lame jokes. (in-joke: them and idiotic comparisons, hehehe) Puns in particular. I'm the only one who laughs at them, but that, you see, is exactly the point. Lame jokes, under my care, have been perfected to a fine art. I cherish them...and so should you.
wink.gif

There. Done for now. Not going to check for speelinge meestakeths b/c it would take forever...and it's late, or should I say early?
confused.gif

But yeah, I really do feel better now.

Chris

EDIT: couldn't help but add a few things if y'all don't mind (not that I care, ha-ha! ) . . . I read over this site a while back and I learned some things about correct usage of anglais (ît ålso remiñded mé that I çould put ãccent màrks intö the things Ï write®). Another thing that doesn't annoy me is the use of acronyms and other informal abbreviations. They make chatting much less time-consuming, and there is no excuse for not knowing what an acronym means because of the dozens of acronym dictionaries in existence on the web. IMHO, of course.
wink.gif

Hey D.E., how about when people mis-use (hyphenated?) epitome? This really means the average, not ultimate!

What gets me is a) getting the blame for something I had no bearing on and b) being right, having indisputable proof, and people still arguing something else....Let go of your ego, darn it!
wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">mis-use (hyphenated?)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, but that just helps prove that the English language is a confusing one.

Hmm...checked what you said about epitome...and at least according to my source it is a little different than you had thought. The Highly Selective Dictionary For The Extraordinarily Literate (thought the name was cute) by Eugene Ehrlich says

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">epitome
1. something that shows on a small scale the qualities of something larger.
2. a person who embodies a quality.

Epitome does not mean the best, even though many people think this is one of the word's meanings. Use the word only as defined above, for example, "She is the epitome of grace."[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Some highest point meaning words that I found (and they're not always appropriate) are apogee, summit, climax, zenith, peak, pinnacle, acme, apex, ne plus ultra, and, um, height.
smile.gif
Moral of the story is, people have no excuse for using epitome incorrectly.

Chris

Hmmmm....No wonder I got that one wrong on the SAT's.....
wink.gif

You learn something new every day.

Oh, Oh. I've got one. Impacted as in "The new development negatively impacted the exisiting habitat." You see it primarily in resource management reports, but it tends to leak into media articles.

Colloquialisms. I dont care how its spelt so bite me ***
tounge.gif

"He's really been there for me,"
~ Where???

"There, there, it will be Ok,"
~Huh? Where where?

Duh. Get a clue...

"Ya know" or "Like you know". Phrases like that just set my teath on edge. Especially when used liberally throughout a sentence. If I knew I wouldn't be listening to the explanation in the first place.

Back