What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Many thanks! To name a few professionals

I received a very encouraging letter from Dr. Barry Meyers-Rice, applauding our good work and lamenting the often harsh climate of the listserve. It got me thinking.

The listserve is not "owned" by anyone. It is our listserve as much as anyones, and it is only as good as its members make it. I have been a lurker there, intimidated by the possibility of being flamed, same as many others. I think the time to lurk is done, and the time to stand up and take my place there has begun. If we want the listserve to be a kinder place, we have to make it kind.

So, I make you all this offer. If you are a lurking member of the listserve, stop lurking and start posting your questions and observations there. I will be there to answer your questions, same as I am here. Enough with wishing the listserve could be "more friendly", its time to make it happen. Lets try to draw out the good elements that are certainly there, waiting for the revolution!

I intend to contribute a *lot* more there. It should prove interesting to say the least :) I have donned by flame proof spandex: look out world, here I come, with a new layer of very thick skin: Look! Up on the listserve: Its a PhD, no: it's
a fool,no: its Loveydovey man! (I make my first post there as soon as I can find a broom closet and figure out how to put this cape on).

Tamlin, you crack me up! Your sense of humor is as bizarre as mine. Poor fellow. Get that cape on quickly! Hope you look good in spandex.
Oh Doctor, it's time to up William's medication again
tounge.gif

Boy am I ever sorry I opened up this Can 'O Crickets...
I'll think twice before I thank anybody again in public:D
Truly though, you are all terrific and do such marvelous things for this place and probably for the world in general. I'm so proud to be a tiny part of this group.
Huge kudos to Dr. Barry Meyers-Rice ! Another man of vision!
(Geez I just thanked someone in public again-get my restraints back on)

Greenhouse,

No need to apologize
smile.gif
Maybe I was just showing a little bit of vanity, but my main reason for bringing it up was more for fun that anything else.

Pete,

Nope, I don't plan on being a barrister but the trait seems to be stuck in me. Doubtless from one of my parents (I had to get something from them.)

Tamlin,

Here, here. I too will make an effort to not be such a listserv-lurker and will speak up whenever and where ever I can.

Greenehouse1, I'd be terribly disappointed if you didn't post a thank-you again. Besides, it's your duty as a mother to stir things up occasionally and get the "kids" thinking on things in general. Complacency is just another word for not doing anything and going with the status-quo. That is a slow way to bordom and stagnation for societies, people, and forums. So I must thank you for keeping the status quo from being static
biggrin.gif

Thank you, Greenhouse1

Oh goodness, all this sappy huggin' and beer drinkin' goin on! Can I grab my coffee and join in (no, it's not Irish coffee....ok, maybe it is)!

I don't know anything about listserv, but I know I really like it here. I think I'm one of the many who has asked questions (over and over again) that have long since been answered in these forums, and no one has yelled at me either! I keep drawing blanks on things that seem so obvious to many of you, and so far you've all been patient and very helpful. Especially you Tamlin, thank-you...and many thanks to all of you for being so willing to help us newbies through obvious issues (a few of which I still struggle with)!
smile.gif

Back