What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tissue culture

Where would you buy a kit for this, I am anixios to try this as a experiment for propagating my plants, and how does it work?

Before you spend all the money for the equipment, you should study and know excatly how it works. It's somewhat expensive.

Grim, i don't know where you live, but you might check with a local college and see if anybody there in biology or botany does micropropagation/tissue culture.  I imagine you could get permission to watch, and maybe (big maybe) eventually they'd let you do a few cultures with supervision.  Doesn't hurt to check, anyway.

It's a very exacting process requiring some expensive equipment to maintain the sanitary conditions.

It would be cool to have a little TC lab, though!

After his research is published, Ken Uhnak is going to send me the slides for the presentation he gave at NECPS a few months ago about TC.  It was really interesting, and i think a lot of people here would like to check it out, too.

There are a few photos of the presentation here, though.

there is a website : www.kitchenculturekit.com that sells tc kits , but there procy ,and i would'nt want toi risk my money on this if your not experianced . i believe noah does tc , ask him , he was featured in the los angeles times magazine for an article about cps and it mention him growing his plants with tc . " The current support system for the carnivoroes includes a stash of ( dead ) bugsin the family fridge and a microwave oven in the parental bathroom , where noah does tissue-culturing , a method of propagating more plants that has won him two awards at the California's State Science Fair ." says the article in the los angeles times magazine .

I looked at carolina bio and found that they sell TC stuff, They even have flasks with little sundews and VFTs in 'em, I ll post the link later to the the VFT and the sundew
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Grim @ July 02 2003,06:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I looked at carolina bio and found that they sell TC stuff, They even have flasks with little sundews and VFTs in 'em, I ll post the link later to the the VFT and the sundew
biggrin.gif

smile.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I wouldn't, PFT sells flytraps, they may not like people going to another site to get plants cause a member posted a link etc

Back