What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mimosa

• Thread starter Lenin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    mimosa
L

Lenin

Hello Im new both to this forum and the wonders of cps. I have always believed that mimosa plants are carnivors but see nothing about them in cp sites. Are they tru carnivors and any ideas on growing them would be helpful.
Many thanks in advance.
Toodle pip

No mimosa is not a cp.  It just responds to touch to scare off predators.  Here's an article on it:

Mimosa

I grow some sensitive plants in my little green house.  I grew them from seed in the spring and they are currently around a foot tall.  They turn a reddish color when in direct sunlight.  I grow them in a regular houseplant mix and i keep the soil moist.  Hope this helps.

-buckeye

i was about to put up the same link as well :http://www.sarracenia.com/faq/faq5930.html
biggrin.gif
, anyways , its not a cp but its a very interesting and invasive plant as i've heard . i've tried growing this plant many times from a bunch of seed but i never was able to grow it successfully all the way , so in my point of view i don't find it much of and invasive weed .

Back