What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superthrive

• Thread starter Kate
  • Start date

Kate

Far too old to grow up now.
Hello,

I have a few plants (mostly neps) that aren't doing as well as the others they are with and I thought I'd try superthrive, the problem is I have heard varying reports of how much to use and how often, everything from 1/8 strength once a week to full streangth once a month.

What do you do?

Thanks.

I mix it by the gallon. I make it about 1/2 what the bottle says to. I don't use it regularly, just when ever I feel that my plant's need it. I think I heard that most people use it once or twice a month. I use it as a soil drench and I mist it on the leaves.
Another thing you can try is orchid fertilizer. I don't know what kind to recommend. Just remember don't get it in the soil, just on the leaves. I bought some call Jack's classic it's 30-10-10. After I bought it I kind got afraid to use it. Can somebody tell me if it'll be ok?

I use epiphyte's delight, it really helps! I foliar feed them with 1/4 strength once a month.
biggrin.gif
alien.gif

kate,
the general rule of thumb seems to be one drop of superthrive in one gallon of water. that's what i do. i use it about 75% of the time.

technoracer

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (lithopsman @ May 04 2003,10:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I use epiphyte's delight.........[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Ok, my curiosity has gotten the better of me. What is Epiphyte's Delight and where can I get it? I've checked the local greenhouses and they don't have it.
rolleyes.gif

alien.gif

I got it from California Carnivores, and it's a simple epiphytic fertilizer, made for foliar feeding.
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif

Thanks lithopsman, I'll check it out
smile.gif

alien.gif

BCK, you can find Epiphyte's Delight at Home Depot. They keep it next to the Tillandsia (airplant) display. Good stuff!

I don't believe all that stuff on the label of Superthrive. 1 drop per gallon doesn't seem like it do anything. I use several drops per small cup of water. I give each plant about a quarter dropper full of this mix once a month. Don't know if its helping, but its not doing any harm
smile.gif

petflytrap will probably be carrying epiphytes delight in the near future. Phil was in negotiations a month ago. But don't hold me to it.

Correction, Phil has it in stock, call for pricing and what not.

Back