What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cp's that I can leave out

Hey I live in canada southern ontario neer hamilton

and I was wondering if there are any cps that I can leave in my garden all year round and if there is please tell me there full name so that I may purchase one

keep in minde the cp will have to tollerate beeing frozen for a bit

any way any info would be hellpfull
biggrin.gif

Sarracenia purpurea ssp. purpurea
Drosera rotundifolia

Those are the only 2 I can come up with quick. Maybe ask Purplesundew, she is up in Alaska and has an outdoor bog going.

Pinguicula vulgaris
(there are a few others, but they are not easy to find)
Drosera anglica may do alright or D. intermedia (not a southern form of it). D. Capillaris could be grown as an annual.
S. Flava can be grown in a bucket and put in a garage for winter (Niagara Falls, NY) and other species may do alright if you try that.
Just be careful of squirrels, they love to dig in wet sphagnum/peat moss for some reason.

Cobra lillies might work I know that they grow in the mountains and deal with frost quite well even snow, thing is can you keep the roots cool in the summer? I have no problems but haha I'm not where you are either.

S. purpurea
D. anglica
D. rotundifolia
D. intermedia
U.vulgaris
U. subulata (I think)
P. villosa
P. vulgaris

Its best not to have plants in the dark when they are dormant... BEST, but I didnt say it couldnt be done. Its just healthier when they have a bit of a photoperiod.

but I wouldn,t have to make them go dorment if they were out side cause winter would do that wouldn't it

Just let Mother Nature take its course on its plants. I put my plants outside to make them go dormant.

well i'm leaving mine out side all year round not just to make them go dorment sorry

Back