What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time lapsed photography

i hav always seen time lapsed photos on tv of animals and some times plants , and i was wondering where can I buy the stuff to do this and how would I do this . i'm planing to do when on a vft catching a bug and getting its growth , 1 with a green dragon turning red , and one with a sundew strngling a bug .

You don't need to use the time lapse technique for a vft closing on a bug. Time lapse is really easy in concept, hard in execution (sometimes). Place your plant in a place where it won't get moved. Place the camera somewhere (tripod preferably) where it won't get moved. Then decided on the time interval between shots. 1hr, 1day, 1 week, 1 month etc.
If you're doing this outside, it would be nice if you can do it at the same time each time, that way the sun will be in the same position. Really quite easy, what sucks is that you won't get to use your camera for a while
wink.gif

Back