What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fungicides

G

I was wondering wich fungicides are safe for CPs. The local greenhouse doesn't carry many different kinds and they know absolutely nothing about CPs so asking for advice didn't help.
Are there any common brands that are ok for me to use?
Thanks,
Bonnie

I've never used them but I think these should be OK...

PFT Fungicides

smile.gif

Ok.. so CP fungicides are only available via mail-order?

I've only used 2 fugicides: daconil and captan. daconil is sold by otho, and it comes in a liquid; I've only been able to find captan in a powder. I've heard good stuff about cleary 3336 and banrot on the Cp listserver though (not so mention that PFT uses those two regularly
smile.gif
). Captan work very well for me, getting rid of leaf spot from my nepenthes without doing any noticible damage. daconil, on the other hand, didn't work well for me (i didn't see it do a thing). You should be able to find some sort of fungicide at a garden store near you, or at one of those huge hardware stores. According to the savage garden, it's best to go with powdered fungicides since they don't have as many of the harmful chemicals as the liquid ones. hope this helps.

Joel™

Thanks for the advice
smile.gif

I'd much prefer to order from petflytap.com but I need to apply this before I leave on a trip in a few days so my options are limited.
Thanks again
biggrin.gif

Has anyone used a product from GardenTech called "Ready-To-Use Fungicide"? It contains Chlorothalonil as the active ingredient. It says it can be used on Vegetables, Flowers, and Shrubs.

I usually use daconil but the other day I saw Chlorothalonil and was also curious as to its compatibility with carnivores...

Back