Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Spamming at gardenweb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have added a note at the front of the topic asking those who don't want to be involved here to shy away from this topic.

I also believe people need to remember that everyone here is a nice person. I know Ron, and as long as things haven't changed, I think he's a nice guy. Blunt statements and questions are not always meant to be rude, but can be taken that way, as the written language does not contain inflections. Please attempt to read this with a grain of salt, and understand that for some of us this is an discussion that needs to happen.

That being said, if members of our community feel that this discussion is detracting from our community (as quite a few of us do) then something should be done about it. I for one, while feeling the tone is darker than we are used to, feel that it is a constructive exchange, at least a little bit, which is more than we have had on this issue before. So I think as long as the tree bears good fruit, regardless of how ugly it is, then it should stay open.

Also remember that the moderators here have some pretty hefty tools, <insert> Phenominal Cosmic Powers <insert> just because we rarely use them doesn't mean we don't have them. Faith friends, faith!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blah.
    Spike: Rude to Phil & Jeff regarding advertising and forum rules.
    Spike: Filter in GW for links to PFT.com (yes it happened to me)
    Spike: Banning random people who mention PFT.
    PFT: Upset. Some members may have purposefully evaded the filter.
    Spike: Deleted posts to help himself feel like he was in control of his little world.
    A few members of GW packed their bags and went on to different places.

That's it.

Pat

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ron

I've seen your posts on the gardenweb before. I had a beef with Spike looong before this forum ever existed...he was rude and not very helpful in regards to a question I had about posting pics. And all the other stuff aside, to compare ANYONE to a terrorist in regards to the monumental tragedy of 9-11 in NY, D.C. and Pennsylvania over a plant discussion forum is cruel and MEAN. That is an event you should bow your head in sorrow over...not to use to hurl insults. That comment should NEVER have been made in ANY situation. Its disrespectful to the people who suffered such terrible losses.

SO...what I'd like to know is....what kind of CPs do you grow? How long have you been growing them? You seem very experienced. Do you specialize or have a preference to a particular genus?

This forum is about CPs and information on growing them and also about making friends in a community of people all over the world who share a common interest. There are even forums for other types of plants as well. And its open to personal things like ...Fatboy is expecting a new baby...Pyro got accepted into a PhD. program...Ram drives a Dodge Ram pick-up (if i remember correctly)...John has a new baby...Cindy has eaten durians...Jeff has a hedgehog...we all share alot of things!

I have learned a lot from the nice people here and I hope you can share your knowledge and experiences here as well.

Welcome to the forums!

Suzanne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bah! You all are being so reasonable it makes me look bad!

I guess we should move on.

I'll lock the topic at noon. (Barring any reasonable requests not to.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This madness should stop please! Talk about plants!

Ahem... so how 'bout them flytraps?... pretty cool eh?
    I wacked a fly that was bothering me with a newpaper the otherday and it went down but was still active so I put the biggest trap on my plant 1.5" and it was happy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #Moderation Mode

Topic Locked by General Request.

Moved here for storage.

Moved here

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678