What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tray method

Hey everyone, I have a few flytraps and a sundew that I am using the tray method to water, but instead of having them siting in individual trays, I have them all just sitting on the bottom of the tank, and I have about a quarter of a inch of distilled water for them to soak up.  This way, I don't have to water them individually, and I have my nepenthes elivated so I can use a different watering method and it can drain.  Is there anything bad about using this method of watering?  Is it too much water for them or could dirt collect in the water and harm them?  Also, is there a way to rid one of my flytraps of fungus without using fungicide?

Since htere is so much water, it might stagnate before it was all used up...

I use this method and it works very well for me, plus being in a tank helps increase the humidity.

Yes the water will stagnate. You should change it every so often or it will possibly start growing algae (sp?) and harbor a lot of bugs and generally just looks gross.

T. Buck.

Additionally, pests might be able to spread between pots easier.

Back