What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

contest

• Thread starter Max Murray
  • Start date
The contest has been started 10 months ago but only 5 sets(of 2) users has been announced. What happened to the other 5 months?

Thats a little strange that eklaab was picked twice! A few weeks ago a e-mailed a bunch people at GW who are pretty much regular posters over there hoping that they would be able to bring good contributions and discussion to the forum. I e-mailed through GW's e-mail system and I guess they read outgoing mail and don't care about the privacy of there users. As a result I was banned.

eklaab was one person who I told about this place and I regret I did. He caused a lot of anger to some members of this forum (bad attitude, check the "font size too small" and "gardenweb spamming 2" threads). I am sure he has quit this forum and I would suggest picking 2 new winners in his place.

btw, I admit having the greedy thought that inviting people would reduce the chances of winning this contest. But I think that being able to share this forum with others was a prize on it's own to me. Without the discussion of these plants with others like all of you reading this, I wouldn't even be able to grow them at all!

Joe

(Edited by Statik2426 at 12:13 am on May 22, 2002)

eklaab's last message in this forum:

"I am very taken aback by all this hostility and threats of bodily harm against myself. If this is how you treat people with good intentions, I do not want have any part of it. I withdraw my help.

Goodbye

Ron"

wow.gif
7 pm on April 25, 2002

ok..

I'm not gonna yell...

But.

I'm irritated.

1) We do this "contest" as a token of our appreciation for participation.

2) it's nothing set in stone... when we have a chance, we pick winners. ... if we're busy, it's not exactly the closest thing to a high priority.

3) PLEASE don't tell me how to RUN our 'contest' ... as it is SUPPOSE to be fun. Not something that is a controversy ... or anything worth nit picking over.

If I get hassled, i'll just stop it. We tried to do it for added fun... and participation. Not for people telling me I should repick people cuz they dont' agree on how it was done or WHO "won" ...

Grrrrr.

Yes, it's a tone of frustration.

Reminds me when I was in school... and they would give ice cream out to the top 3 grades on a test... and then one little brat would whine about how his icecream was smaller than the other little brat. So, they just stopped giving them ice cream to shut them up.

>=[

I 100% agree with Philip commets
Pet stuff put up the contest they have they right to set up the rules if and when to make the draw and so on.
even the most evel one can win in any contest in the world as long as the rules doesn't say he couldn't take part.
all what members on the forum has to say is thanks and maybe the next time you or I or any other would win.
I know many would say in any lotery game why he was won and I don't and so on but you aren't go and "attack" the company about it.
Let's Pet stuff do the great job they do and they choose to put up the contest if they want they can stop doing it and no one would won is that a better way?
I admire the job they do and see how the forum is growing up nicely and that not becouse of the contest.
let's grow plants friends
they grow better when the grower is not angree
arie

Lest we forget......for a few months after the tragedy of 9/11/01 there was money donated to the Red Cross instead of awarding gift certificates for plants. Phil and Jeff (the owners of PFT) did what their consciences felt was right during that time. They felt all the members would understand. PFT has sole discretion of what funds they give away and to whom.
On the subject of eklab winning this month...this just shows how honestly the contest is run. They could have easily chosen members to win that were kinder to this site but instead they took the "high road" and let the drawing stand. I admire their courage and generosity. Arie is right, we are not just here for the possibility of winning a gift certificate...this forum is much more valuable than that. We are here to learn about CPs and foster worldwide friendship. What could be more important??
smile.gif

First I would like to congradulate the winners!!!!I am so envious!

Second...I totally back Phil and Jeff on this one too. They were right within the rules of the contest eeklab has posted within a months time and as Green house stated they could have easily picked 2 other winners but that would have been wrong to do.
As far as him being picked twice I think it's nice to know a person could be picked twice and who knows maybe I could be next time. (I better start praying now!) Now correct me if Im wrong but Im sure none of you complaining about that would complain if you were the one picked twice.

The whole thing is ironic but in that it just proves that it isn't "fixed."

Phil and Jeff,
Thanks for being honest and true to your own rules.

Now with that said what does a girl gotta do to get picked aroung here? I WANNA WIN TOOO!!! Pick me 3 times that would be real cool!!!!

(Edited by unknownclown at 8:48 am on May 22, 2002)

Ditto me on backing Phil and Jeff in this matter.

It isn't supposed to be about who wins, it is about fun and it is a token of their respect and graditude toward us that they do it. If you win be greatful, if you don't win there is always next time, and if eklaab wins and doesn't accept then the loss is his and his alone.

Now I am going to think of the plants I have and be happy.

Pyro

told you i never win anything,.........jk!.....o and by the way phil!!! this new thing on the forums is very confusing. of course i cant use the microwave with out getting confused but....... and for some reason im not on the list of members!  just wanted to let ya no thanks!

maybe because when ytou signed in you clicked the box that said make my name private and dont put me on the user list

the thing i would like to win most is a porsche 911 gt2

BUT HEY, we can all dream ya know, atleast a turbo
sad.gif

Back