Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: contest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lest we forget......for a few months after the tragedy of 9/11/01 there was money donated to the Red Cross instead of awarding gift certificates for plants. Phil and Jeff (the owners of PFT) did what their consciences felt was right during that time. They felt all the members would understand. PFT has sole discretion of what funds they give away and to whom.
    On the subject of eklab winning this month...this just shows how honestly the contest is run. They could have easily chosen members to win that were kinder to this site but instead they took the "high road" and let the drawing stand. I admire their courage and generosity. Arie is right, we are not just here for the possibility of winning a gift certificate...this forum is much more valuable than that. We are here to learn about CPs and foster worldwide friendship. What could be more important??

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!! unknownclown's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First I would like to congradulate the winners!!!!I am so envious!

Second...I totally back Phil and Jeff on this one too. They were right within the rules of the contest eeklab has posted within a months time and as Green house stated they could have easily picked 2 other winners but that would have been wrong to do.
    As far as him being picked twice I think it's nice to know a person could be picked twice and who knows maybe I could be next time. (I better start praying now!) Now correct me if Im wrong but Im sure none of you complaining about that would complain if you were the one picked twice.

The whole thing is ironic but in that it just proves that it isn't "fixed."

Phil and Jeff,
    Thanks for being honest and true to your own rules.

Now with that said what does a girl gotta do to get picked aroung here? I WANNA WIN TOOO!!! Pick me 3 times that would be real cool!!!!

(Edited by unknownclown at 8:48 am on May 22, 2002)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto me on backing Phil and Jeff in this matter.

It isn't supposed to be about who wins, it is about fun and it is a token of their respect and graditude toward us that they do it. If you win be greatful, if you don't win there is always next time, and if eklaab wins and doesn't accept then the loss is his and his alone.

Now I am going to think of the plants I have and be happy.

Pyro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

told you i never win anything,.........jk!.....o and by the way phil!!! this new thing on the forums is very confusing. of course i cant use the microwave with out getting confused but....... and for some reason im not on the list of members! just wanted to let ya no thanks!
    one planet.........one future!(chessey but it works!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe because when ytou signed in you clicked the box that said make my name private and dont put me on the user list

the thing i would like to win most is a porsche 911 gt2

BUT HEY, we can all dream ya know, atleast a turbo
    Expression = Maneuverability x Coiffure squared

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234