What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally have my own website

Great site spec. Might want to put it on the International Carnivorous Plant Society web ring when you make it bigger.

spec, look ok so far take our time building it and make it the way you want it. the one thing i would do is the links that you have other peoples web pages showing i would put them on a link of there own and not show them on the start page. do it so you click on a link them a page shows up that has them on it but, its your web page do what you want. have fun

Spec,
That's a pretty good site. You should put up those pics of the Capensis folding over the fish food (might want to shrink the pics a bit before you do that, though).
Also, do you have pics of your Dewey pine? I've always been curious about those....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (schloaty @ Feb. 20 2003,06:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Spec,
     Do you have pics of your Dewey pine?  I've always been curious about those....[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
nope, still waiting for the seed to germanate!
mad.gif
tounge.gif

Are you from Monterey? I'm not to far from there. Have you worked on your meta tags?

Yep, I'm from Monterey, California, what are meta tags? :-\
oh, where you at the BACPS meeting today? if you're close to monterey, I might have already met you, if you went to the meeting

I'm in San Luis Obispo, and I've never been to any meeting, although I'd like to some time.

A meta code, or tag, is something you insert in the HTML codes of your page which directs internet traffic to your site.

I'm just learning how to do this myself, and it's not so hard.

Here is a page a friend of mine did recently explaining it.

http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman/htmltips.html

Regards.

<html>
<head>
<title>PICTURES OF MY CARNIVOROUS PLANTS</title>
<meta name="generator" content="Created Using Yahoo! PageBuilder 2.61.76">

</head>
<body background="http://www.geocities.com/clipart/pbi/backgrounds/Generic/album_bkgd.gif" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" link="#0000FF" vlink="#FF0000" text="#000000"
>
This is the code on your photo page. After

<meta name="generator" content="Created Using Yahoo! PageBuilder 2.61.76">

You could put in something like

<meta name="Description"Content="photos of carnivorous plants that I own">
<meta name="Keywords"Content="Nepenthes,drosera,dionea,etc...">

You should read up on it, it's quite interesting.

Those pings look nice. Were they sold for a reasonable price?

<span id='ME'><center>Spectabilis73 s head explodes</center></span>
aaaaahhhhh! I don't understand, lol.But everything I do that's a first for me I screw up on! I'll read up on it.
yeah, the giganteas were sold for about...... $20.00
tounge.gif
but they were large, so I guess it was a good price...didn't get them though...the esserianas were $10.00, but I didn't get any (someone at 3 bacps meetings before gave me one) the john rizzis were only $10.00, they were pretty large, but I didn't have any money...
sad.gif
(already had spent it on some other cps!!!
mad.gif
sad.gif
) just yesturday I bought.....
*drum roll*

Sarracenia rubra "gulfensis"!!! it has a gazillion riozhomes and alot of flowers on it, the pitchers are 2 feet tall, got it for 20 dollars.
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

Back