What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mivie: Minority Report

I saw the movie Minority Report Saturday evening.
I think it was one of the most violent movies Steven Spielberg has directed.

Anyway, one scene takes place at a greenhouse with Sarracenia and some Nepenthes. I liked S. leucophylla near the enterence, it was big
biggrin.gif
. I had a headache from sitting at the front of the theater so I couldn't pay attention very well.
sad.gif

Anyone else seen the movie?

Nevermind what I said... I forgot Speilberg did "Saving Private Ryan", thats way more violent than Minority Report.
tounge.gif

Anyone else see the movie and the CP greenhouse? I wonder where those plants came from, they were well grown.
biggrin.gif

I haven't seen the movie yet but I do know that the plants were on loan from Leo Song and the Alpha Botanica Carnivorous Plant Collection at the Cal State Fullerton Biology Greenhouse.

Cheers,
Pete

i ddnt see the movie, but 1 saw the commercial with the old lady with a nep next ta her. Finally, CP's get some respect!

Yep saw the movie Saturday Evening. Very good movie. When he entered the greenhouse it took me a few seconds to wonder if she was growing any cps! Then when I saw the Pitchers and the hanging Nepenthes...I even thought one of the nepenthes were N.Campanulata.

I'm betting alot of folks who don't know about cps probably thought all the plants were fake, since the movie makers were going for the "futuristic" look.

They added some fake computerised plants, really makes the Sarracenia and Nepenthes seem fake too.

I saw it too - wondered the same things
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Anybody know the name of the plant that wiggles around all over the place???
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
LOL

- Brett

all cp lovers must see this movie!

was very cool how they showed a ton of cp's in the greenhouse plus the futuristic evolution of CP's.

i wonder if speilberg has a nepenthes collection...

I saw the movie. It was awesome!! It took me a little bit to realize that she was growing CP's in her garden. I'm glad Stephen Spielberg included them!!

I somehow missed this post. Will this movie be coming out on dvd soon? I want to see if they talk about neps in the special features part of the disc.

Pete, you're right, these plants did come from Cal State Fullerton. I had no idea! I was chillin' with Leo Song and he mentioned it, I was surprised. Can't wait to see the footage!

it'd be nice to grow CP's like those ones-jeez i mean she even tried to strangle one!!!!!!tough blighters eh? and fast too!!!

I saw it too it was good i saw it like 4 months ago the few cg plants were good for cg. The story is good. i would watch it again.

Ha ha - There was a post on this right after the movie came out before. I thought it was pretty good however I'm counting down the days until The Matrix 2!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

- nrbelex
Brett

Back