What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Botanists?

I was wondering what kind of jobs people who major in botany or horticulture do exactly. I've been in the construction and engineering industry for a long time and if I ever wanted to change fields it would be to plants but want to know what those jobs are. Anybody know? Thanks. Shauntell

well, I work in nature conservation as an ecologist. friends work in the herbaria of botanic gardens doing more taxanomic stuff, or you could do research into any area of botany: taxonomy, genetics, biochemistry, evolution etc or then work in related fields such as teaching, biochemical industries, plant breeding, horticulture forestry etc.
LOADS to do!!!

Hey thanks. Where could I find more info on what this stuff is. Just a local college. Maybe I'll call and harrass the local botany department head at the local university. Thanks. Shauntell

Thank you for the wonderful link. I could spend hours there. Shauntell

Back