What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm frozen!

Kate

Far too old to grow up now.
Okay... I spent the first 24 years of my life in Canada.. I know cold weather. I like cold weather, I miss cold weather. This, however, is ridiculous.

I have been in Florida for a year now, and so far things have been great. Not alot different from Vancouver Island. Actually it gets alot hotter on Vancouver Island than it does here... and it gets alot colder too... but there is a gradual change... it's over the corse of months... That I can deal with but this?!?!

Yesterday it was almost 90 degrees... and now this morning I wake up because I am shivering and it's 46 degrees. I can't deal... I really can't.

I'm a canadian for heaven's sake... There is no way I should be cold in FLORIDA. It is just wrong I tell you... wrong, wrong, wrong....

Okay I'm finished ranting now

Kate-cicle

Kate, well to tell the truth there is only a handful that is actually native to florida. like yourself i was uprooted and repotted here in florida but, from New York. give it time you have only been here a yr and not really used to what the climate is like and it is your first winter here. you will get used to it eventually. for me i was really young like 3 or 4 when i moved down here. it is the summers here that gets to hot for me.

Second winter.. moved down August 2001, Last winter wasn't so bad... I'm not sure I'm going to live through this one lol!

dude i slept with my window fuly open and my fan on last night.

its like 65 right nnow

but when you get into the sun it feels like 83
and also last year we didnt have cold weather till almost x mas

its ok i guess, i just hate cold water man, when is not cold the water is a nice 85 or so degrees, its about 75 right now, i hate the cold water.

Okay... currently on my back deck in beautiful (that last bit is questionable) Naples FL it is a whopping 64 degrees... and yes... I AM STILL FREEZING!!!

It was below zero when I woke up this morning.. would you guys mind sending some of that warm weather this way?
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

lol dude its 55 now, i think i should bring my mini green house inside but i duno where to put it, cus all my plants were planned to keep outside

schnikees!!!!!!!!!!!

Back