What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If this isn't strange,

Yesterday Morning it was 70 F outside, with clear skies expected. Then, later in the day, we were under a severe thunder storm/tornado warning, with golf ball size hail expected. Then, this morning, I woke up and looked out the window. There's TWO inches of snow on the ground! Now were under a winter weather advisory. But a couple miles away, people are under a winter storm warning, and they're expecting a FOOT OR MORE of snow!

MIKE
smile.gif

Yes, The storm front just left our area. I see the sun and there is hope of warmth in the air. March is such a tease.

Here in Britain we're having a record breaking March with regards to sunshine! Most days have been cloudless with temperatures in the mid 60s. The last rain was on March 11th, which is a long time over here
smile.gif

Same here Monkeyman! I opened the back door this morning and a blast of COLD air blew in and it was pouring sleet! It continued to sleet, then snow...then mixes of sleet, snow and rain all day. By 4 p.m. it was pouring snow...very pretty falling on the flowering fruit trees. Very unusual. I hadn't heard anything about the frozen stuff...just that it was going to rain. I heard western VA got 12" of snow. I guess its Mother Nature's April's Fool a little early.
smile.gif

Suzanne

Ditto for Atlanta. For the last 2 weeks it has been sunny and in the 70's over the weekend it plumetted to 40 during the day and we hit freezing last night. I guess I will find out just how tought all my tropicals are since they have been outside for the beter part of a month and I didn't have the motivation to bring them back in.

I live in Michigan, weather can not surprise me, lol

I just got home and it started snowing, HARD! It got really windy and cold. Then after only a minute or two, the ground was completely covered. Now the snowing stopped, the Temp rose, and you can't even tell it snowed at all, except for the snowman I made yesterday.
smile.gif
Weird o_O

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Darcie @ Mar. 31 2003,09:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I live in Michigan, weather can not surprise me, lol[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
How about setting at the stop light and getting rained on. Puddles everywhere.....except across the intersection where the road is dry. Mother Nature can have a very warped sense of humor.

I'm from North Carolina and I'm use to strange weather, but the strangest thing I've seen was in the snow belt of Ohio. I was working in a town called Madison. It was late fall two years ago. All within one day I saw rain, sleet, snow, hail, thunder and lighting. That was one strange day.
Another time about 5 years ago in the same area I was sleeping in a car (long story) and it started sleeting very hard. The ice was falling from the sky as hard as rain does in a hurricane and I've been through alot of hurricanes. The people that lived there was acting like it was no big deal, but I was freaking out.

Back