What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A very sad night...

My little Pacu...the smaller pacu killed the betta! he just ripped apart the fish, I stuck my hand in the water to make it drop it, he did, but the betta was a pile of sawdust by then...
sad.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------
I will explain things later.....got to eat breakfast...

sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

poor Betta sounds like your Pacu had breakfast before you did. sorry about the fishy.

KOOL i just got another Betta my mom just brought one home. Da@$ another male. wish they would stock some female betta at the pet shop. so i could breed them.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Well that is sad
sad.gif
sad.gif
to hear
sad.gif

Travis

well, this is how I feed him,
The larger pacu always eats the little pacus food. (algea chips) so I just started to feed him a new way about two weeks ago... I take a huge pinchful of fish flakes and wet it, then I compact it into a 1" x 1" ball. 3 in the morning, 3 at night. alot of the flakes are red,
(or look red) especially when compacted. they sink when compacted, so I distract the big pacu with algea chips while I drop the compacted balls in. they sing pretty fast.

you see, the betta whas out of his "little tank in a big tank" and he can leave and come in when he wants to. right during feeding, the betta darted down really fast, in front of the little pacu.
sad.gif
the little pacu ripped him apart.
sad.gif
sad.gif
It was sad to see it die, helpless in the little pacus mouth, trying to squirm free.
sad.gif
usually I enjoy watching fish prey on smaller fish, but this was different.
sad.gif
and the worst part, all that was left was the head, sinking to the bottom of the tank.
sad.gif
I went to tell my parents, came back, and it was gone.
sad.gif

Spectabilis73
sad.gif

sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

Sorry to hear about your fish.
sad.gif
Its very sad but unfortunately, its nature being nature.

Suzanne

yeah, it sucks, Really sucks.
Because
I have many small fish in there that my pacus could eat. pacus are vegetarians. why would one eat a betta? *shudder* I liked that betta, my mother loved it.
sad.gif
 My parents now think the pacus are a threat to my other fish because they might eat all of them. and the worst part... my parents think the larger pacu did it, but I saw it.
mad.gif
 It was the little pacu, I know it.
mad.gif
but the best part... My parents now realize how large the pacus are, and how large they will/can get, so they are getting a 55 gal. fish tank for them! at least for christmas...
what should I do till then?

thats very sad but you should have learned one thing , bettas are commonity fish with other tropical fish such as corydorias , angels , and gouramis and pacu are communtiy fish with arowanas , silver dollars , cichlids and clown knives . I had fish die many time , i had 5 arowanas that were full grown that cost 100 dolars each and that was very sad
sad.gif
sad.gif
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Back