What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The plant gods play games

Nepenthes neogunieaensis? It is quite rare. Hmm....but I am in Sarracenia so it is one! Humm.......

S.Oreophila "Sand Mountain" OR
S.Jonesii "anythocain free"

Pyro kindda gave away the genus a while ago...

Cole
smile.gif

OK I can't believe I am getting pulled into this guessing game since I usually steer clear of them.
My guess is a S. Oreo since I know you have one or at least did at one time anyway.
Oh wait you just got this one so I guess I can honestly say I have no clue and Ill go back to my plan A. and steer clear of this silly guessin game
wink.gif

Hmmmm, I ought to tell them all. Is it worth an eventual cutting of mmmmphfff umffff to ensure my silence? Or, vs. vs. do I win a start of it if I guess right?

I know it's a utric
mad.gif
.... right
confused.gif
?

Utricularia welwitschii ?
(if I have a 2nd chance I would vote for Genlisea pallida)

Martin

You can tell me, I'm not going to kill you for the plants on your growlist ;-)

U.campbelliana,jamesoniana, quelchii?

Martin,

You are close.

CP2k,

You are even closer.

U.reinformis
U.asplundii
U.humboltii
U.reticulata
U.volubilis

confused.gif

I am no Utricularia nut so forgive me if I said any common ones!
smile.gif

NepG,

You are close with the first three (and one is very close) but still off. Remember, very very very few growers (i.e. I have not found anyone else growing this plant other than me and my source.)

Epiphytic right? How about U.praetermissa or U.unifolia?

I think its U.unifolia.

CP2k and Tristan get the prize (now I just have to figure out what the prize is LOL
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
)

It is indeed U. unifolia.

And that is what we would all kill for. hmm......neat I guess not much of a Utricularia fan but I do like Quelchii,Reinformis and Alpina.

You're a lucky so-and-so, you know that, right?
tounge.gif

Pyro,

you have to post a picture (when it flowers). ;-)

And I have to wait some days until I'm at home again to have a look at my "Taylor".

Martin

I travelled 10 weeks through Ecuador rain forest (and other South and middle-American countries) three years ago but couldn't find any CPs.
But I didn't really search for them...

Martin

I'm with Nep G., not too big on Utrics
tounge.gif

I'd rather kill for a nep
wink.gif

Well you all might not fint it that impressive but to Utriphiles it is a holy grail type plant (IMHO)

Martin,

Once it gets going again I will post out some pics and when it flowers I will probably break my camera through too much use
smile.gif

So Pyro doesn't have a Pom pom, but does anyhow here? I would love to get that plant, it's so cool, but I've only seen photoes and sketches

Back