What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The plant gods play games

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
This has truely been an odd yet wonderful CP week for me. This weekend I got quite a few interesting plant including one that many would kill for. Then, on Monday, I was about to dump an old seed tray to make room when what do mine eyes see but a B. gigantea germinating. And to top it off, last night while checking over my Mexi-Pings I found a Drosphyllum sprout!! Don't ask me how it got there.
wow.gif
wow.gif
So all in all I am quite the happy camper
smile.gif

biggrin.gif
Man, you gotta love that!

So what's this interesting plant that we'd kill for?
smile.gif

Pyro, what is the plant i might kill for hoppen it is Nepenthes

Hey Larry, George,

I'd tell you but then I'd have to kill you
tounge.gif
wink.gif

It isn't a Nep though, I can tell you that.

Hey Pyro, here's a lighter go play with yourself

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GEORGE-CP @ Nov. 20 2002,3:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey Pyro, here's a lighter go play with yourself[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Oh... Fire... Pretty... <reaches for flame> OUCH!
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

NepG,

Nope, my tricolor is still just growing like it normally does.

The plant itself is very rare in cultivation (or everyone else who has it isn't talking because I have sent out more emails than I can count trying to find another grower to compare notes with.)

You are definately lucky pyro!
Hope it continues on...and on...

Cole

I know what it issss.. na na na na na na.....

(and I won't spoil pyros fun either&#33
wink.gif

Ivan's new Drosera Rotundifolia that doesn't go dormant? (Most unlikely) OR my second guess for now, Dionaea Pom pom?
confused.gif

I know it is a D. capensis...hehehehe k/d
wink.gif

travis

Nep,

While I do have 'Evergrow' seeds I was not refering to that plant. And 'No' on the pom-pom (I'm not much into VFT mutants)

Hi,

is it on your growlist in the thread below ?
If not, I want to know the genus at least. (I hpe it isn't Utricularia)

Martin

I dont think anyone will guess it... it is kind of an out of the ordinary CP.
Cole

AND, I think if someone guesse it right, pryo should give them a cutting as a reward! RamPuppy, now is our chance!! just kidding pyro
wink.gif

Martin,

Yes it is on my list here.

Cole,

If it were big enough for cuttings I would be happy to provide but right now it is just a little tyke

Hmm...cuttings, stem cuttings? Is it a nep? Or perhaps D. hartmeyerorum?
smile.gif

C'mon man, spill it!

Larry,

Any form of division can be classified as a cutting; stem for Neps, leaf for Pings and Drosera, rhizome for Sarrs, clumps for Utrics
tounge.gif

And I can't give away the answer now because I am having too much fun
wink.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

Is it Purpurea venosa var. montana!
wow.gif
wow.gif
If it is thenmy comment is: You lucky son of a gun!
tounge.gif

Nope, I have had the montana for a while, nice little plant. Think rarer, very few growers
tounge.gif

Back