What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fighting back the aphids

Well, after a while of searching for a safe method to kill of the aphids that were destroying my poor drosera, i have found a cure! I placed all the infected plants into tanks with glass covers. I mist the tanks to raise the humidity and check on the plants. When it seems good, i released about 100 ladybug beetles into each tank. The ladybugs are doing there job, while some plants, like my heliamphora, are snacking on some of the "lazy" ladybugs that have decided to take a break and drink some helio nectar
tounge.gif

Good for you! I might try that if I ever get an aphid problemo... I'm extremely surprised that I don't have any aphids on my CPs by now. Aphids are taking over several of my non-CPs. Aphids seem to be extremely common here in Florida, yet they haven't touched my CPs. Go figure.

hm....100 ladybugs, thats awfully a lot for a tank, how big is your tank, soon there will be no aphids for the ladybugs to eat =)

the plants keep the lady bugs at a reasonble level of population. Once the aphids are gone, i will release most and keep a few just incase.

Back