What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes or drosera?

Hey Guys,
I have an extra terrarium. I am debating on whether to put the following drosera in the terrarium and puting the Nepenthes outside the terrarium.

Adelea
Capillaris
Slackii
Spathulata
Binata
Burmunii "red tentacles

OR

To put the following Nepenthes in the terrarium and the Drosera outside it.

N.Judith Finn
N.Ventricosa
N.Sanguinea

So I decided to let you guys choose. Post your opinion and when I get a good amount of votes I will decide.

Mike

why not put a couple of Nep.  and a couple of drosera in? It would look better, having a variety of species...
smile.gif

Hey Mike,

i vote that you put the dews in the tank. the neps will out grow it alot faster than the dews will

1- vote dews in, neps out

well the terarium is a 5.5 gallon, but my neps are all very small and dont seem to be doing very well outside it.

mike

I'm with Spec.73, but if it's got to be one or the other, I'd put the dews in the terrarium.

Hey mike,

How's your previous tank success like? I have horrible luck with dews (other than gemmae) in my tank, the fan dries the dew off even though humidity is 100%....my neps on the other hand thrive in the tank, but I tend to run out of room!

well my neps are doing terribly outside the terrarium adn the dews arent doing the best inside.

mike

I vote droserae in the tanks. However I do have my neps in tanks also although they are outgrowing them and I need to do something soon. A nep chamber may be in the future.

Suzanne

Back