What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Venus flytraps used in medicine

Thanks for the link MH. I was just thinking that when the Corp Giants find a way to make millions or billions out of cp extracts, then I suppose that will be about the end of wild cps as we know them. I doubt that tissue cultured cps would be good enough for them. But maybe, just maybe, they could find a way to synsethize the medicinal properties.
Interesting article.

Well, their are a lot of "medicinal" plant extracts out their, but a lot of them don't do much more then a tomato. However, this one surtainitly sounds promissing. The test will have to be repeatable and more extensive befor any such treatment it proven enough for use in the USA, but their is good news.

The big drug producers in the US will no dought analise and reduce the extract into it's key parts. Then, thanks to genentic enginearing and the ease at which bacteria pick up new material, they will trigger the specific chemicals to be produced in mass by lab bacteria vats and theirfor spare the time, expence and liveliness of our tresured plants.

However, should this proove to be another placebo effect herb, then we have a problem if the masses go crazey for it because no one will bother to make a synthetic form.

this is great
smile.gif
and horrible at the same time
sad.gif
. a cure for cancer coming froma flytrap , if they were to make 1 small botle of this extract they would have to take alot of flytraps to make just one . i hope the plants will come from tc but still if this news came ut to the whole world then the poaching of flytrasp would probably increase and soon , there will be no flytraps in the wild no more
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
. i hope they find a better substitue for this extract , i also here that there making extracts from other cps too .

It's great that they're finding cures for big time diseases, but if they come from our flytrap, then it's in trouble. As is poaching is bad enough but now poaching could become even worse. Beacause people **in a sophisticated tone** are to good for tc'ed plants as a drug. Oh well, maybe they will be able to isolate the drug and produce it in a different manner.

Wes

Back