What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alumni

Colieo

Staff member
How many of us here have started off at at Garden web forums, and moved on to "greener pastures" (A.K.A PFT)
I am not trying to knock g-web(it wasnt my personal favourite), just wondering.
smile.gif

Cole

I originated at GW then I came here to this heaven and never went back to GW. I never check there now.

Ditto, although I still check it every few days or so. There's almost always some entertaining posts on there by a couple of people (or it may be just one, using different names). I think you probably know who it is, if you still visit that site.

If not the First, (I think I am) I am ONE OF the First to ditch Garden Web and come here...

(And I mean that as make this place my home, where I do all my posting, not doing 'pop-ins&#39
wink.gif

I check on GW occasionally (can't post though). It really pains me to see some of the crappy advice and unanswered questions there.

I am.

How do you think these forums got started
smile.gif

I had several accounts banned. So many I lost count.

I am also one of the GW outcasts. I still check in on GW now and then but I am happier here and so devote my time here first
smile.gif

I never graduated from GW...darn it!
tounge.gif
I suppose the reason for that is I have never visited there site before...don't care to either.

Now you can't even mention petflytrap when trying to trade through email on gw. I just got a "spam alert" and they wouldn't send my email, just because it happenned to mention that these forums are, well, "better". Luckily I managed to get around it.
wink.gif

Carnivorous23,

Yes that was what got me banned, I suggested someone come here to get info on Aldrovanda because no one on GW was growing it. I never said PFT was better (even though we all know it is
smile.gif
) or made any derogatory comments but Spike personally emailed me to inform me I was bannished.

I suggest you stay on your toes because he might come after you even if you did manage to get around the filter this time.

Since this topic seems to keep popping up I just want to add something as a Moderator.

The Mods and Administrators here know this is a tight knit community and that we look out for each other. That said, we DO NOT condon acts or attacks against GW. There have been wars with them in the past but we have decided the best action to take against them is to ignore them. We feel this is better than any form of attack on GW which would only act to give Spike justification to call us cyber-terrorist.

I supose that's true, and I'm sorry if it causes him whining even more over anything about/to petflytrap.

However, I don't really care if I get banned at this point, I'm kind of surprised it didn't happen before, since I've mentioned this forum every time I've traded seeds on GW for quite some time.
biggrin.gif

I'm a grad, too. I still look there sometimes, just to see if there is anything good. I don't think I've posted there, though, since I've come here.

Sarrencia, I think I know who you mean.....they use a lot of capital letters, right?

Carnivorous23,

I don't think it will cause any problems (and please don't think my comments were directed at you. What you did was not an attack against GW
smile.gif
)

I used to use the GW CP forum as well, but rarely go there now. I was never banned but left for greener, happier pastures here.
smile.gif
I am not too fond of Spike and his policies either. I do on occasion use other forums there...the vine forum, AV forum, orchid forum, etc. I still consider those forums more a collective group of people helping people rather than a place where one individual is deciding who can post and who cant.

Why go there when you can be here in a community with CP/plant FRIENDS.

Suzanne

What's GW?

Nothin to worry about Nathaniel just a very poorly set up and ran plant forum that kicks out and suspends its members on a whim or for just mentioning this site.

I hear you can go there for good advice, but thats only because a few of the members here stop by every now and then
tounge.gif

Back