What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pea aphids

Looking to aquire pea aphids, will cover postage costs and such.

Thanks
joe

My zoo carries pea aphid, I cultured them for a while, but got bored of them. Whenever I visit the zoo, I'll remember to buy some.

Thanks DK but it looks as if Tim may be able to get me some pretty easily, waiting to make sure they are actually "pea aphids".

Just out of curiosity why did you grow pea aphids? Other than food, they just aren't that interesting. Kind of have a nice lemony taste though.

joe

Oh, I was culturing it for one of my pets, I might have to start soon again, because I might get some dart frogs. Having a large variety of food available for any pet is nice. =D. I never really ate pea aphid, I always thought they were pet food so I guess I missed out on tasting them
wink.gif

Well actually it was my dart frogs that said they were tasty, I've never tried them myself.

joe

LOL, i thought u tasted them.
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Kind of have a nice lemony taste though.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I LOVE DART FROGS!! What species do you have. I'm setting up my vivarium at the moment right now. The expense is unbelievable, to make a neat vivarium. SHOW ME PICS!!
tounge.gif

There are also other food you can culture easily, flightless fruitflies two sizes, wild fruitflies, flour beetles, springtail, and meadow sweep. PM me, if you need more information on it. Also if your expecting tadpoles, don't forget to go to your local health store to buy the capsule of algea, sprilluna and chrolfalsdkfjlasd, spellings is so hard.

Well here's the pics if you get to see them before my computer goes off for the night.  They are Dendrobate Tinctorious Patricias.  I have four of the little guys.  Cute as can be.

img_0145.jpg

frog1.jpg

joe

nice nice, these are the frogs i want. D. Azuratus, low price for pretty frog. D. azueruz, blue pretty frog =D. D. Luecs beginner frogs, great mating call, D vent, and D. tinc but the cobalt morph where they have blue legs instead of green.
I'm starting two vivarium one at 30 gallon and one at 90 gallon. Working on 30 gallon and 90 gallon at the same time. Geeze, we have to talk more about them =D. I love them. Making falsebottoms, waterfall, backgrounds, these are fascinating creatures. But I worry when I go to college no one can take care of them, but they are bueatiful.

If you are going off to college soon I wouldn't get any. They take a lot of care. The fruit fly cultures have to be tended to every week without fail. Not many people will be willing to make 3 or 4 new fruit fly cultures a week for you. And then if the cultures crash (and they will) you nee to be able to take quick action. Of course you could take them to college with if you plan carefully.

good luck
joe

by the way, the 'joseph' you see on your frog forum is the same one as the CP forum.
smile.gif

later
joe

Wow, there are so many frog forums =D. Lets chat someday, instead of just writing post after post, do you have aim or yahoo messenger? well if you do, pm me with ur id.

Sorry, I don't "chat", I just use the forums to exchange information and knowledge. Feel free to send emails and what-not though.

Happy froggin,
joe

I see, I"m guessing you are Joseph1 on the King Snake forums. =D. Read some post you had on, about using those plants with suction you used for you neps =D. I'm taking the idea and using it also =D.

Feel free to, like I said, forums are to exchange information and ideas.

joe

Back