What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The study of carnivorous plants

Wahoo!
Someone at the bacps got permission to re-print the book, "The Carnivorous Plants", by Dr. B.E. Juniper, Dr. R.J. Robins, and Dr. D.M. Joel!!! it was an out of print book, costing aorund 3,000 dollars, but it's been re-puplished, and I got a copy for only 40 bucks! Almost 400 pages, it describes everything about carnivorous plants, and even proves that flys can get drunk! there is alot of other info too. the savage garden is a great hobbyest book, but you can't to a science report on it. with this book you can!
biggrin.gif

I have to get that book. Has it been released yet?
If not when will it be?

It's a limited re-realease only for academic purposes only. There's only about 300 copies. You have to contact the guy directly. I'll try to find out his name, e-mail, phone #, etc.
smile.gif

-Spec73

Thank you, I would love to have that book.

How in the world did you get this info spec? Anyway I need one of those copies as well, just because.

joe

The book sounds great. I will be in the Bay Area for a wedding the week of June 16th and would love to pick-up a copy of the book if thats possible. Please post or PM me the details. I will be visiting the CP collection at UCD and hopefully some CP sites (still negotiating with my wife).

Thanks
smile.gif

Dear Spectabilis73

I am doing my final year project on Nepenthes plant but source. wonder can you give me the isbn number of the book you say. So i can order in Singapore. Thanx

Matt

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (darklord_03 @ May 30 2003,07:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dear Spectabilis73

I am doing my final year project on Nepenthes plant but source. wonder can you give me the isbn number of the book you say. So i can order in Singapore. Thanx

Matt[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
arghI who spilled coffy on my book?
mad.gif

wow.gif
lol
tounge.gif

I ordered directly from the producer, he told me about the book at the bacps and stuff, so I'm not sure on where to get the book. It's a re-print, and they're not offered online, if oyu looked for the isbn # you'll probably just find the 3,000 dollar copy.
wink.gif
but I'll try to find the # anyways. where do I look?
-spec

P.S. If anyone get's this book, you can't re-sell them for a higher price and get a profit. that's the only other thing the re-producer told me
wink.gif

Oops I posted on my backup name lol (in case i lost my password for this s/n)

Oh, and it's just a manuscript of the book, and not a hard cover book, and there is no ISBN number in it. Sorry...
sad.gif

-spec

I have this book, and it is excellent!

Juniper, B.E.
ISBN: 0-12-392170-8
Copyright 1989 by the Academic Press

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tamlin Dawnstar @ May 31 2003,4:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have this book, and it is excellent!

Juniper, B.E.
ISBN: 0-12-392170-8
Copyright 1989 by the Academic Press[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I'm gad you found the isbn number! i couldn't find the isbn in the manusript, i wonder if they took it out

Back