What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible bulb sale?

I'm in the Summer doldrums so....I think I'll ask Phil if he'll consider running another bulb sale soon. Last time I was in the greenhouse it looked like he had waaaay too many pitcher plants
tounge.gif

Stand by to see if I get clobbered by owner of PFT for even mentioning this
wink.gif

Seems it would be fun for everybody except our shipping dept. and customer service people
wow.gif
biggrin.gif

What the heck....I'll give it a try
rolleyes.gif

I hve been thinking the same thing Lynda!  And if Phil comes after you, just give me a call and I'll be in Houston faster than you can say... umm.. something!
smile.gif
 (And we will go out and get mexican food while he stays at work and packs plants&#33
wink.gif

Chicken Enchilada with a nice spicey white sauce anyone?
smile.gif

Truthfully though, Gotta tell ya, I thought you would have had enough when I let everyone know what he was hiding away in the green house, now your gonna wear yourself out again takin orders!  
smile.gif

(I forgot some stuff down there anyway, and after I told my wife about the galleria... I have a suspicious feeling that my pocketbook will become threadbare nextime I go to houston&#33
wink.gif

Anyway... I expect your right... that greenhouse does have an AWFUL lot of Sarracenia in it!  (Looks like big colorful squares of sod&#33
wink.gif
 (6 to 8 inch tall sod&#33
wink.gif

I'm watching
tounge.gif

waiting with baited breath.......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RamPuppy @ June 17 2003,12:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Chicken Enchilada with a nice spicey white sauce anyone?
smile.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
It has been soooo long since I have had decent mexican or even texmex food. You'd think that in this area there would be at least one place that could do it right.

Good 'ol Texas!
smile.gif
Texas my Texas, all hail the mighty state, Texas our Texas all ... Oh, forget it! Anyways, there are some payoffs for living in 118*F heat
smile.gif
wow.gif
tounge.gif
alien.gif
I was driving through Houston about 2 weeks ago, I saw Willowbrook Mall, I nearly passed out just watching it go by because my passengers didn't care...
wow.gif
sad.gif
Anyways, last bulb sale was AWESOME!!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif
I may be able to come down and help for 2 days at some point... Thanks for all that you do!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I nearly passed out just watching it go by because my passengers didn't care.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Hey Lithopsman, if you're the driver, it doesn't matter if the passengers care....They can't MAKE you keep going, now can they? After all, you're driving THEM....Doesn't that entitle you to a little diversion, even at their cost?
wow.gif
tounge.gif
wink.gif

Ok everybody, watch your emails in the next couple of weeks....I think maybe I talked Phil into doing something special for all of us...Maybe a sale!! He's working on a project right now (you'll see the changes soon) but after that we should hear some good news .

Lithopsman,
Can't believe you passed Willowbrook Mall and didn't call us!!
You could have come to visit.....we're only 20 minutes from there. Sorry we missed you.
sad.gif
And thanks for your offer to help....you just might get a call
wink.gif

I don't know if I'll be able to, just have to see if/when my dad is going on business trips to the Woodlands, so I'll keep you posted... May I please have your e-mail adress so I can contact you when I find out.

Dum dumm, dummm dummmm, Im holding my breath
wink.gif

RamPup watched Grim turn red, then various shades of blue.

BCK doesn't think the color purple looks good on Grim at all.

well auchally, I dony have lungs so I cant breath..Im all bones
biggrin.gif

My wallet is waiting...

Ok, i give... what's a "bulb sale"?  I thought ya'll were talking about daffodils and tulips and stuff, but then somebody mentions sarrs...

I SOOOO miss decent Mexican food.  These New Englanders have NO IDEA what Tex/Mexi is supposed to be like.

PS D watches Grim pass out and collapse. "Grim! Grim! Wake up"

I'm tucking some money under the mattress right away. Don't want to be caught unprepared!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (D muscipula @ June 18 2003,8:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok, i give... what's a "bulb sale"?  I thought ya'll were talking about daffodils and tulips and stuff, but then somebody mentions sarrs...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
The "bulb" that is being referred to is actually the rhizome of the VFT and Sarracenia. Last bulb sale also included several types of sundews as well as a few other CPs.

I'm ready to make room for some new plants. Just say when PFT.

Hey Guys,

Just FYI, we're going to have a sale for the 4th of July. A REALLY BIG CLEARANCE.

3,000 sarracenia
1,500 flytraps of diff. varieties
lots of orchids
unique terrarium / vivarium plants
bromeliads

AND... I'm selling off some of my personal collection mostly nepenthes and drosera.

We're redoing everything around here and need lots of space.

BUT... before all that, I'm getting a new commerce system in place (replacing Oracle) and we're redoing the website to give it a cleaner look.

SO! Keep your eyes out and watch for the email I send out!

-Phil

Oooo...saving my change...gotta go to the local coin star machine!
wow.gif

What should I get? Oh me, oh my!

Query:
How do you sell sar and vft rhizomes in the middle of high summer? I thought you could only do this durring dormancy. Shows you what I know
sad.gif
wink.gif

Well, I can't say for sure, but I think this just went from a Bulb Sale to an Inventory Clearance sale...

So, to sell a vft bulb, you sell it with leaves attatched and healthy!

D. Muscipula... I remember when I went to visit my illinois in-laws a few years back. My family had such a craving for mexican food we were looking all over for it, couldn't find any that looked good.

A Few years ago when I got married and the entire family descended on San Antonio, we all went and reserved a party room at a local Tex/Mex landmark. We ordered huge heaping portions of Fajitas, big trays of enchiladas, Tamalies, Chalupas and Tacos...

My Yankee family was freaking. One of the little girls said "This isn't mexican food! Where's the Taco Bell?" so sad.

I will be pocketing some spare change myself!

Back